Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
bookgrrl1976
bookgrrl1976 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Issue with Fictionwise/Ipad

When I originally got my iPad in December, I 'registered' my device with Fictionwise to get my purchases automatically downloaded to said device. I made a purchase today and it is not downloading to my iPad. The bookshelf now says that all books are being downloaded to my iTouch. How do I re-register my iPad? I tried to manually download the books via the eReader app on my iPad and get an error message that stated: "the certificate for this
server is invalid. You might be connection to a server that
is pretending to be "ota.ereader.com" which could put your
confidential information at risk." Any advise? Thanks!
bookgrrl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
A security certificate problem is on the server end. Contact Fictionwise support.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
bookgrrl1976
bookgrrl1976 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Okay- cool, it's NOT me, for once. Emailed them- thanks!
bookgrrl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
When you don't have DRM, you don't have these problems. None of my books have DRM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgrrl1976 View Post
When I originally got my iPad in December, I 'registered' my device with Fictionwise to get my purchases automatically downloaded to said device. I made a purchase today and it is not downloading to my iPad. The bookshelf now says that all books are being downloaded to my iTouch. How do I re-register my iPad? I tried to manually download the books via the eReader app on my iPad and get an error message that stated: "the certificate for this
server is invalid. You might be connection to a server that
is pretending to be "ota.ereader.com" which could put your
confidential information at risk." Any advise? Thanks!
"All books being downloaded to iTouch or iPhone" includes iPAD. It sounds like you clicked on the link in your bookshelf at the website so it now says "Your account is now set to NOT automatically send new and selected purchases to your iPhone or iPod touch." The message you mentioned is the one you would get if you have this setting and try to access your bookshelf from your iPad. Trying going back to your bookshelf at the website and click it again.

The first time you download to your iPAD you need to log in from the device and put in your FW log in and password. This will take you to your bookshelf. Choose the book you wish to download, click on download. From now on the books will download automatically.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert