Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
kemar
Edge User

Convert Handwritten Notes to Typed Text

I’m a college student and have recently purchased my new Edge. I have really enjoyed the device and look forward to using it in my upcoming classes. I do have one request. I am an iRex Iliad user and have enjoyed the note-taking ability on the unit. What makes it really useful is I can hand write my notes and even start my papers, then I can take the journal files from the iRex device and import them into my Windows PC where they not only become searchable but it can be converted into type text that I can use in Word, Outlook, etc. I use a third party program from Vision Objects that can convert handwritten notes from various digital sources, maybe Entourage can work with them to do the same thing for their journal .esj files.
Along with having the software available for converting hand written notes to type text, Vision Objects also have a SDK available for developers to use to develop their own handwritten conversion programs for various platforms including Android. I think this would make the Edge even more effective.

Last edited by kemar; 08-08-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
walt526
Edge User

Agree completely. If enTourage won't add the functionality, then I think that there would be sufficient demand from eDGe users for a third-party developer to come up with something.

Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
fgruber
Edge User

Yes I also agree. Compatibility with Vision objects would be very useful. Their notes studio is amazing. It even let you train it with your handwriting!