Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
2Logical
2Logical began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Smile Hello - and short back story

Hi, everyone.

I learned about this forum 2/26/2011 while trying to figure out what to do with an aging Sony PRS-500 that couldn't read new eBook media and needed a battery replacement. I found threads in this forum that provided info for contacting Sony and either getting a free firmware upgrade or getting a very reasonable option to upgrade to a (refurb) PRS-600 ($45 US). I took the latter path.

Today (2/27) I found a thread that explained how to put custom software on the PRS-600 (PRS+ project).

With this much assistance coming to me, I felt it just made sense to join the community and do what I can to give back.
2Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Glad you came, 2Logical. Good to have your company. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi 2Logical and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
You no longer need this company but in case you need it again here is the contact. There is a store in my local area called Batteries Plus that bills them selves as a one stop shopping for all things batteries. There slogan is "If it runs on batteries we have it". There web site is at batteriesplus.com.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:49 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello and Welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
2Logical
2Logical began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks for the welcome!

And, thanks, jbcohen for the Batteries Plus note. There's a store nearby, and I had been planning to pick up a replacement battery for the PRS-500. However, it's now on its way back to Sony, and the refurb 600 has arrived.

I've been pleasantly surprised by it's (at least somewhat) anti-glare screen...several posts I'd seen mentioned a lot of reflection. I've downloaded a book from the library and will be giving the unit a test drive over the next few days.
2Logical is offline   Reply With Quote