Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
wheeliebin
wheeliebin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and kindle
No longer converting kindle to epub

Hi

I have both a kindle and ipad. I often buy books from amazon for the kindle, download it for 'calibre, launch kindle for mac in order to get the file where I can find it, launch calibre, add the book to calibre then send it to my plugged in ipad. This has been working for some time but now I get the following error:

version 0.7.45
WARNING: No suitable formats: Could not upload the following books to the device, as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first.

preceeded by an error saying that the book is drmed.

I thought calibre converted (removing drm) as it sent to the ipad. I'm sure I had to add the kindle's pid to calibre when I did this the first time (but cant find where now).

Be grateful for any help
wheeliebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calobre cannot convert DRM protected books. You would need to get the DRM removed if you want to convert the books to ePub.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
@ wheeliebin--you would have entered the pid to the plugin on Preferences > Plugins > filetype plugins. But in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121833 they talk about a new version of the K4PC plugin--you may need to get that.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
wheeliebin
wheeliebin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and kindle
@MMavisO Excellent advice. Just what I needed - upgrading to the K4MobiDeDRM_v02.7_plugin fixed the problem. There was no mention in the earlier plugin of 'Kindle' so I missed it. Thanks very much.
@itimpi With this plugin installed calibre does do an excellent job of de-drming books with no faffing about
wheeliebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeliebin View Post
With this plugin installed calibre does do an excellent job of de-drming books with no faffing about
Most of us are aware of this info but this forum isn't the place to discuss how to DRM books or the plugins that do it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert