Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
1.1 Update Imminent??

According to this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=929812&page=2, the 1.1 update is about to be unleashed. It might be a good idea to grab the 1.0.1 update incase it is needed in the future.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Thanks for the head's up - I need to disable auto updates! (Updated to 1.0.1 before I rooted)
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
jenniren
Nook Newb

Interesting - that flash download that they talk about in that thread is in my downloads as well. I noticed it when I was trying to install Dolphin 4.2! I wonder what it means?

Does anyone else have that in their downloads?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Interesting - that flash download that they talk about in that thread is in my downloads as well. I noticed it when I was trying to install Dolphin 4.2! I wonder what it means?

Does anyone else have that in their downloads?
Do you mean it's in /media /My Files/Downloads?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
jenniren
Nook Newb

yes, it was right there with my Dolphin download. Remember? I think I mentioned it in the thread where you were helping me.

I wonder if it is just part of the 1.01.1 update? That would explain why only some people have it???????
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, yes, I remember (now).
Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do you disable auto downloads? If I rooted and it DL and update does it undo the rooting?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
... If I rooted and it DL and update does it undo the rooting?
Possibly.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37&postcount=7
Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Just curious....when (and where) were these posts really made on that forum? I'm looking at the latest post reading "Today at 6:15 p.m." but according to MY clock (Eastern time), it's only 2:17 p.m.?
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Probably based on Greenwich Mean Time. If you have an XDA account you can set it to display times for your timezone.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
noaxis2
Enthusiast
noaxis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted w/autonooter)
is there a simple way to disable updates? For now, I'll keep the wifi off!
noaxis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #12
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Probably based on Greenwich Mean Time. If you have an XDA account you can set it to display times for your timezone.

Oh, duh! That was it. Thanks.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
NOOKcolor Ver1.1.0 update contains enhancements to improve the overall performance, including:

* Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
* Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
* Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children's books.
* Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new default browser home page.
* Reduce mistyped passwords with "show password" option during registration and Wi-Fi set up.
* Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to the titles in Shop.
* General bug fixes and performance improvements.
Are you unrooting for this?

What was the purpose of the "What Users Want In 1.1 Update" thread on the B&N website?:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...unread-message

I'm sure some are anxious for WiFi improvement. Seems to be a common complaint in this forum. Hope this addresses that issue. Wasn't 1.0.1 supposed to address this?

Nothing about enhanced reading experience for books/PDFs in general.

Last edited by SCION; 01-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I am going to let mine update and then wait for a new autonooter. For me I think that would be best since I need to re-root anyway.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #15
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I am going to let mine update and then wait for a new autonooter. For me I think that would be best since I need to re-root anyway.
Just my opinion, but I think you should flash back to stock to be on the safe side when this update shows up. I would use method one on this page: http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM

Maybe this is overkill however.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote