Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Enough already!!! (short rant)

The harddisk of my iMac died a week ago, so I felt lucky that at least I had a netbook until the PC situation was remedied...

It was dead this morning

So please stand back, ladies and gentlemen:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKK!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THIS!

Now I only have my iPod Touch (until Monday) and may even have to watch TV to get my news fix
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
LucasCorso
Enthusiast
LucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
I don't know how would I manage without my computers, so I completely understand how you feel.
But please don't watch TV, I'm pretty sure it burns brain cells! There really must be a warning sticker on it or something, like they do with cigarettes.

P.S. On the other hand I'm free without TV for about 10 years already and my brain cells are as dead as they can be, so in fact you never know...
LucasCorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
It is times like that I am really tempted to chuck it all and go become a goat herder in the middle of nowhere!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Arghh, sorry to hear that Ea, I hope you solve that situation soon. Computer problems can be so frustrating. And goats, well, I'm not sure they are a solution - they smell so bad
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
LucasCorso
Enthusiast
LucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Somebody has stolen my idea. Everytime there is a bug in my software and I can't solve it, or there is a deadline I can't meet, I dream of going somewhere in the mountains and grow sheep (ok, so it's not goats but sheep). I just use to imagine how is life there, with only the stars above me, contemplating the human nature, the univers and everything. And looking down from the top of the mountain I can see my house, for sure there is a nice warm fire in the fireplace, good healthy dinner later... Life can't get better than this
Or... I could build some electric sheep I guess...

Last edited by LucasCorso; 04-09-2010 at 08:54 AM.
LucasCorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasCorso View Post
I dream of going somewhere in the mountains and grow sheep
That's funny the way you phrased it - I always say it as "I'm going to be a goat farmer"

If we pick a big enough mountain we can share, goats on one side sheep on the other!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys. I'm glad I could sell the iMac and get enough to buy a new pc, but the netbook might be a loss and I could do without that right now.

And of course, now that I can't transfer books I've got this annoying urge to read books that are not already on my devices

Instead of taking to the mountains, I think I will find something really complicated to cook for dinner tomorrow. that should take my mind of things
Old 04-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Reminds me of a song by a group called 'Cake'. Title of the song is 'Sheep Go To Heaven (Goats Go To Hell)'
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
That's funny the way you phrased it - I always say it as "I'm going to be a goat farmer"

If we pick a big enough mountain we can share, goats on one side sheep on the other!
Then I could start a dairy at the foot of the mountain and you could sell the milk to me
Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
When it rains, it pours! Hope you enjoy better days ahead, Ea!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
When it rains, it pours! Hope you enjoy better days ahead, Ea!
At least the sun shines for the first time in a week - and I get lots of opportunity to train typing on the ipod Touch. There's always a silver lining
Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Arghh, sorry to hear that Ea, I hope you solve that situation soon. Computer problems can be so frustrating. And goats, well, I'm not sure they are a solution - they smell so bad

ah !

but it's a healthy smell .... (especially close up......)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #13
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
ah !

but it's a healthy smell .... (especially close up......)
I'm sure it is... for goats!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Instead of taking to the mountains, I think I will find something really complicated to cook for dinner tomorrow. that should take my mind of things
With all the reading of Julia Child, this should not be difficult. Although if you ever invited me for dinner - and why should you do it - I would hope for something Danish.

Comfort thoughts for your digital minions.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #15
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
With all the reading of Julia Child, this should not be difficult. Although if you ever invited me for dinner - and why should you do it - I would hope for something Danish.

Comfort thoughts for your digital minions.
I'm afraid I still wait for that revered bible of the home cooke - both first and second testament - and until then, I must struggle along

I love to feed people though, and Danish food as well; my stomach is an old-fashioned, comfort-food-loving patriot. There are certain dishes that one can only aim to do as well as one's aunts, mother, and grandmothers

I'm afraid comfort thoughts is not enough for most of my digital minions. At least one needs the attention of TV doctors and a crash cart. My dear netbook. It was nice of you to think of it though. My iPod says 'hello!' and thanks for the attention