Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
ph3lps
El Conquistador
ph3lps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance on Kindle?

I'd like to read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" on my new Kindle but it is not yeat available on amazon. Anybody have any other ideas?
ph3lps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3lps View Post
I'd like to read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" on my new Kindle but it is not yeat available on amazon. Anybody have any other ideas?

As I"m sure you realize, not all books are available for the K.

Have you looked to see if it isn't available thru other legit sources? Fictionwise?

If not, perhaps you could contact the publisher. That has been known to bring results, (sometimes). At least they'd know you want it.........Good luck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Ebooks.com shows having it, not sure if the Kindle can handle any of the offered formats or not
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Not on Fictionwise.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Ebooks.com shows having it, not sure if the Kindle can handle any of the offered formats or not
I couldn't find it there. Do their books have DRM? If so, you can buy and dedrm the LIT or mobi format. Then convert if needed to mobi.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
oops my bad, I was looking at Zen and the Art of Anything, wrong Zen

Last edited by Ervserver; 02-24-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
ph3lps
El Conquistador

thx - Fictionwise and ebooks do not have it. Maybe ill just have to read it on good old fashioned paper (sigh).
Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
ph3lps
El Conquistador

Oh snap - just checked with the publisher and they offer it as an ebook. Thx Dessert Grandma (good tip).

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9...nce/index.aspx
Old 02-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3lps View Post
Oh snap - just checked with the publisher and they offer it as an ebook. Thx Dessert Grandma (good tip).

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9...nce/index.aspx

You are very welcome, however I would appreciate it if you realized I am not a "dessertgrandma"....as in the after dinner snack.

I'm the "desertgrandma" ..........as in all dried up.......
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You are very welcome, however I would appreciate it if you realized I am not a "dessertgrandma"....as in the after dinner snack.

I'm the "desertgrandma" ..........as in all dried up.......
There are so many things I could do with this But I won't.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
But I think you are delicious!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
There are so many things I could do with this But I won't.
Well, I was going to say "as in hot and sandy" but it just didn't sound right........
Old 02-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But I think you are delicious!

BOb
Why thank you, PB! (blushes)
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Well, I was going to say "as in hot and sandy" but it just didn't sound right........
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
... I am not a "dessertgrandma"....as in the after dinner snack.
Oy! Dessert is not a "snack"! If I had my way, it would be all three courses of a [counts on fingers] three-course meal!

Incidentally, I've read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance more times than any other book. Mind you, that's only three. It is certainly a favourite, though I must admit I'm likely done with it now (though the pbook will always occupy the shelves. I've actually replaced it twice, having "loaned" it to people who apparently have confused ideas about the definition of the word "loaned". Grrrrr).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote