Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
update

My KF hd updated itself a few minutes ago. I can't tell what it does yet (if anything).
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Kwality
Fervent Reader
Kwality began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire HD
Thank you for the heads up

From the Amazon website:-

The software update includes the following enhancements:

Language Support for Portuguese (Brazil)

You can now change your device language to Brazilian Portuguese.
Download New Keyboard Languages

Download keyboards in different languages to use on your Kindle Fire.
Multicolour Highlights

Highlight a word or passage in your Kindle books using additional colours.
Kwality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Mine also upgraded to version 7.4.6 and this time it left Location Services off avoiding a battery drain.

Here is what it did:

The software update includes the following enhancements:

•Language Support for Brazilian Portuguese
You can now change your device language to Brazilian Portuguese.

•Download New Keyboard Languages
Download keyboards in different languages to use on your Kindle Fire.

•Multicolor Highlights
Highlight a word or passage in your Kindle books using additional colors.

•Share Notes & Highlights from a Print Replica Textbook
E-mail your personal notes and highlights to classmates.

I wonder if that last one will enable one class genius to send all his notes to his less smart friends.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't see enough benefit in those enhancements for me personally to warrant having to go through the whole rooting process again, but I thank everyone for posting the details. Saves me from searching!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Oh well, very unexciting for me then.
Advert
Old 08-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't see enough benefit in those enhancements for me personally to warrant having to go through the whole rooting process again, but I thank everyone for posting the details. Saves me from searching!
Well, I now at last have a keyboard with the special Danish characters.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Well, I now at last have a keyboard with the special Danish characters.
Excellent! It was exciting for you.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
My KF hd updated itself a few minutes ago. I can't tell what it does yet (if anything).
How do you register that you have received an update? I accidently found out that I could get a Danish keyboard layout by reading this thread.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
How do you register that you have received an update? I accidently found out that I could get a Danish keyboard layout by reading this thread.
I noticed when my broadband registered 800 MB for the previous day rather than the normal 200 MB or so. I then checked and found the software release had changed.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote