Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
countrywench
countrywench began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Get Books

Good evening all
Ive just downloaded Calibre and cannot get the ' Get books ' to work ? Ive tried typing in a few titles of very well known books buts its saying ' book unknown ' ?? Ive even put in Aline in wonderland but it says book unknown ..
What am i doing wrong ?
TY !
countrywench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Shouldn't that be "Alice in Wonderland?"

I get "Couldn't find any books matching your query." if I enter a non-existing book. Strange...

Also you must have some stores ticked for the search to work. Try searching with all stores ticked.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
countrywench

Hi thanks for the reply .
I have all the stores ticked , ive even tried searching for william shakespeare and still it comes back with ' couldnt find any books ' ..Its a very odd
thing !
Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrywench View Post
I have all the stores ticked , ive even tried searching for william shakespeare and still it comes back with ' couldnt find any books ' ..Its a very odd thing !
What version of calibre are you running? What OS?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
countrywench

Hi .. I am on windows XP and the version i have of Calibre is 0.8.68.. I only downloaded it the day i joined this forum ..Very odd
Old 09-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrywench View Post
Hi .. I am on windows XP and the version i have of Calibre is 0.8.68.. I only downloaded it the day i joined this forum ..Very odd
What country are you in? It might be related if not the USA or one of the others listed in the responders MR stats
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote