Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
The Inventor
The Inventor began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Cannot write on reader screen

Just got my eDGe yesterday from Woot. Like most I couldn't complete the registration getting stuck on Step 6 with an 80 code. Thanks to this forum I was able to bypass and it is up and almost running. The tablet is working fine, but the reader side will not respond to the stylus. It shows the journal, etc. but from there nothing. No matter where I place the stylus there is no response. Did I miss something or did I get a dud? The unit appeared to be new with all the plastic protective sheets in place.

Oh one other thing - it has a camera and I haven't found any instructions for it. Is this something else I missed?
The Inventor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inventor View Post
...The tablet is working fine, but the reader side will not respond to the stylus. It shows the journal, etc. but from there nothing. No matter where I place the stylus there is no response. ...
Have you run the reader calibration from settings?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Be sure to use the edge stylus, as others will not work unless they are penabled.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Minion
Minion began at the beginning.

I started swiping away when I got mine and found that nothing was showing up (Except at the edge of the screen.) Calibrated it through the settings and VOILA! I was in business.
Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:00 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome Minion, and The Inventor!

I think the User Guide, which should be available in your Library under Books, talks about the camera but I never read it. I just tried it out and it worked! Hope yours does too!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Keep in mind that the camera usually comes shipped with a piece of plastic protecting the lens. If you don't remove this plastic circle the camera pictures will look like you took them in the middle of a cloud... So make sure that the little plastic disc is removed before starting to take pictures...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
The Inventor
The Inventor began at the beginning.

You folks are terrific, thank you so much for your help. After reading your postings I opened up my eDGe and as soon as it booted the reader screen asked me to align my stylus - without any prompting from me - go figure.

A few additional comments, this forum and the folks on it are a boon to a newbie such as myself and a tremendous asset to the eDGe community as a whole.

My background is marketing and as I said to my son, this product suffers from a lack of deep pockets behind it. It really is innovative and bridges the reader and smart pad worlds deftly. Is it the perfect product, no, but name one out there that is. I'm hoping that some gearheads out there are going to be able to keep us up to date on technology and adaptability within the limitations of the OS and processor.

Finally, someone mentioned that the stylus was unique to the eDGe. I tried a couple of different stylii that I have here including one for Bamboo Tablet and none of them work on it. I checked the Internet and have yet to find one for this device. Any suggestions? Along that line is there any place that has replacement parts such as the charger or other accessories such as car chargers?

Once again, thank you all.

Ron
The Inventor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inventor View Post
My background is marketing and as I said to my son, this product suffers from a lack of deep pockets behind it. It really is innovative and bridges the reader and smart pad worlds deftly. Is it the perfect product, no, but name one out there that is. I'm hoping that some gearheads out there are going to be able to keep us up to date on technology and adaptability within the limitations of the OS and processor.

Finally, someone mentioned that the stylus was unique to the eDGe. I tried a couple of different stylii that I have here including one for Bamboo Tablet and none of them work on it. I checked the Internet and have yet to find one for this device. Any suggestions? Along that line is there any place that has replacement parts such as the charger or other accessories such as car chargers?

Once again, thank you all.

Ron
Not only did it suffer from lack of money but I think it was mainly lacking good marketing. I suspect woot sold more PEs in one day than entourage did in its existence.

The stylus is not unique to the edge - it is a Wacom pen enabled unit with a lot of electronics in it. see the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145383

There are several threads here that talk about replacement power supplies and car chargers - the main requirement is that it should have a 12v output and the concentric socket must be the correct size. Just use the search function to find them.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
Keep in mind that the camera usually comes shipped with a piece of plastic protecting the lens. If you don't remove this plastic circle the camera pictures will look like you took them in the middle of a cloud... So make sure that the little plastic disc is removed before starting to take pictures...
And after updating to ermine all pictures are tinted green, at least on the EE.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, registration, stylus