Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
lena-writes
<3 ebooks
lena-writes began at the beginning.

Device: Droid X, iPad, iTouch, Sony Reader
Arrow The Language of Souls (historical fantasy romance, novella)

The Language of Souls
by Lena Goldfinch

Actions speak louder than words…

Solena, a young healer with a generous heart, is desperate to heal her dying grandfather. When she ventures into a hostile territory to find a rare herb, she finds out just how much she’s risked when she’s captured by the enemy and accused of being a spy.

As a soldier, Rundan has struggled all his life to please his father, a ruthless army commander, but when he’s ordered to take the beautiful trespasser to the royal courts, where she’ll be summarily tried and executed, he’s plagued by the most inconvenient desire to protect her at all costs.

Though terrified and anxious to escape, Solena is confused by the handsome young soldier who cruelly captures her and then displays uncommon kindness. When he risks his own life to save her, she discovers she may have risked more than her life… she may have lost her heart.

Reviews

"The Language of Souls is a tender, sweet, heartfelt tale that reads like an old-fashioned fairy tale. The writing is gentle, effortless, and eloquent...[It's] the perfect tiny romantic escape." -- Tales of Whimsy, ***** 5 stars!

"The Language Of Souls by Lena Goldfinch is short, sweet, romantic and completely and utterly satisfying. It felt like a full course meal packed into 76 little pages. Incredibly well-written pages, I might add. Goldfinch has created a stunning work for her debut 'novellette' and I can't wait to read more of her stories." -- Penelope's Romance Reviews, ***** 5 stars/Grade A.

Read an excerpt or buy the book at The Wild Rose Press.

Last edited by lena-writes; 10-25-2011 at 01:26 PM.
lena-writes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
lena-writes
<3 ebooks

Voted to Penelope's Top 20 List for 2010!

http://www.pennyromance.com/2010/12/...-for-2010.html

"Best Quickie: Lena Goldfinch's The Language of Souls was just a gorgeous book. Beautifully written, and utterly romantic. I loved the symbolism, and I adored the final perfect kiss."

New review:
"Ms. Goldfinch managed to pack a completely different lifestyle and history into this book and still include a sweet love story. I'm quite impressed!"
--Hott Books, a recommended buy, "Absolutely Appropriate for an older teen"
Old 03-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
lena-writes
<3 ebooks

New reviews!

Quote:
A truly stunning novella that I highly recommend to readers who enjoy romance laced with elements of fantasy, or anyone longing for a good old fashioned HEA. While I feel The Language of Souls falls into the adult fiction category, it can easily appeal to teens who enjoy fantasy with a side of sigh worthy romance. At just under 80 pages this is a story that can be easily devoured in an afternoon.

By The Fiction Enthusiast, ***** 5 stars!

Read full review.
Quote:
Short but intense is how I would describe this story. Her upbringing has made Solena a determined young lady. Rundan confused personality rises from doing what others expect of him, rather than follow his own desires for his future.

Conflict arises from them not understanding each other's language but this is not overdone. Distrust built on the friction between their two countries means they are extremely cautious with each other.

Unexpected action by Rundan and an startling action by Solena surprised me, causing me to pause in reading. The shock only lasted a moment, and then I had to read on to find out how Ms. Goldfinch resolved the conflict.

An unusual story, but very captivating. The world and its people were well thought out and both main characters actions were in keeping with the story. I truly enjoyed reading The Language of Souls.

By Long and Short Reviews, 4 1/2 stars
Read full review.
Read an excerpt or buy the book at The Wild Rose Press.

Last edited by lena-writes; 03-09-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
lena-writes
<3 ebooks

Thumbs up

Cool: The Language of Souls is being featured over on Bargain Ebooks today!

Link:
http://bargainebooks.blogspot.com/20...books-317.html
Old 01-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
lena-writes
<3 ebooks

Thumbs up Promotional Offer

My publisher is offering my novella at a discounted price!
was $3.00 now $1.50

FYI: the discounted price should be reflected on Kindle, Nook, and other retailers soon.

Tags
fantasy, historical romance, novella, romance, short stories