Notices

Old 02-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #16
exreader
exanimate ex post facto
exreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima_dat View Post
None of you have a kindle AND a digital camera?
Like this!

Ho Ho! For the win! I LOVE that book. Huge fan of his work (and tools - have many Nessies if you know what I mean ;>)

I had completely forgotten to, that I there were two version of that book in PDF (1920 and 1963)... Did you self-convert or find a nice mobipocket version? Tell tell!

Thanx!

exreader

ETA: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...nessmuk&page=2

Searched the forum for Nessmuk, and well, answer at least part of my question

Last edited by exreader; 02-28-2008 at 09:57 AM.
exreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
No clue how to do this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	NEKindlePic.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	11023
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Lima_dat: "English ppl ride potatoe?" I just have to know what that's about. Will you please tell us?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
"Don't Panic" is supposed to be on the cover. I share the sentiment, though.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #20
Lima_dat
English ppl ride potatoe?
Lima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Lima_dat: "English ppl ride potatoe?" I just have to know what that's about. Will you please tell us?
It's just gibberish, lol.
Lima_dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #21
Lima_dat
English ppl ride potatoe?
Lima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by exreader View Post
Ho Ho! For the win! I LOVE that book. Huge fan of his work (and tools - have many Nessies if you know what I mean ;>)

I had completely forgotten to, that I there were two version of that book in PDF (1920 and 1963)... Did you self-convert or find a nice mobipocket version? Tell tell!

Thanx!

exreader

ETA: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...nessmuk&page=2

Searched the forum for Nessmuk, and well, answer at least part of my question
I downloaded the mobi version from that thread, as you have probably already figured out. I just finished it last night, and it was extremely entertaining and informative. I've been wanting to go camping again for awhile, now I REALLY want to go camping.
Lima_dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #22
exreader
exanimate ex post facto
exreader began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima_dat View Post
I downloaded the mobi version from that thread, as you have probably already figured out. I just finished it last night, and it was extremely entertaining and informative. I've been wanting to go camping again for awhile, now I REALLY want to go camping.
There is a forum which is easy to find, where you can find many a person who is a Nessmuk freak/addict, and they collect things, and in particular, you can find many vendors who have recreated his tools and such, in particular, his favorite camping knife and hatchet. It's pretty slick

It's a fantastic read. I highly recommend his other easy to obtain book on "Canoeing in the Adirondacks", even just on paper It's a much bigger book, longer read, and a lovely ode to the Father of Ultralight

exreader
exreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #23
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Jon:

Are you kidding, that was uproariously funny!
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Jon:

Are you kidding, that was uproariously funny!
No, that was just insulting and Phugger hasn't the guts to even apologize.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote