Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #226
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook ST w/Glowlight, Nook Glowlight Plus, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
> Before plugging the usb cable put it to sleep.
> Plug it in let calibre detect and read the device metadata.....

I assume you mean put the Nook to sleep first.
You don't mention waking the Nook up. I assume you do that once the USB cable is plugged in, and cick the button on the Nook to connect the USB -- right?
Hank, now I don't remember which Nook you have. I have both a Glowlight Plus and a Glowlight 3 and they connect to Calibre differently.

The Glowlight Plus, you just connect the USB cable to it and it connects. Doesn't matter if the device is asleep or awake.

The Glowlight 3, I connect the cable, it wakes the device up, though I still have to slide to unlock. When I do that a window pops up on the Nook screen and I have to click/tap a 'connect' button connect.

Overall, the Glowlight Plus is easier to sideload to and doesn't have the problem with cycling through all the books and so forth.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #227
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
I have the GL3. As I think I mentioned earlier I seem to have solved the problem with the Nook slowing down to a dead stop requiring restarting. And then forgetting all the sideloaded books -- by mounting it on the Mac OSX desktop and running Disk First Aid on it. Sometimes it also forgets which WiFi station it was using and forgets the nighttime light setting too.

I'm guessing the Nook GL3 just drops a pointer to a list from time to time and loses track of all the sideloaded books, as they remain visible in the Mac file system.

I would guess whoever wrote the software is no longer working at BN.

Last edited by hank; 01-25-2019 at 11:42 AM.
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert