Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #811
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks all, really helpful feedback (and appreciate the welcome backs). Sounds like as I suspected that the "always move them all" simple option is not as convenient for you compulsive list keepers .

So it sounds like I need to just add two new checkbox options for a list - one as to whether it gets displayed on the main menu, and one for whether it gets sorted when viewed. No promises for when I will get this done but it's on the todo list...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:13 AM   #812
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
and appreciate the welcome backs)
Here is another to add to the list.

Welcome back.

It is nice to see your name on contributions to the site again
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #813
Eskoe
Eskoe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Is there a way to auto-populate a list based on a Goodreads listopia list? Say for example, there's a goodreads list "(x)'s Must Read's" with 25 books on it, auto-populate a reading list in Calibre based on that list (and, obviously, whether or not the books exist in your calibre library).

Apologies if this has already been asked an answered, I checked but there are a fair few posts!
Eskoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:14 PM   #814
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskoe View Post
Is there a way to auto-populate a list based on a Goodreads listopia list? Say for example, there's a goodreads list "(x)'s Must Read's" with 25 books on it, auto-populate a reading list in Calibre based on that list (and, obviously, whether or not the books exist in your calibre library).
The Import List plugin has can import from lists from various sites. It has some predefined lists including some from Goodreads. I don't remember if this includes the Listopia. It includes adding the books to a Reading List.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:43 PM   #815
Bcamp
Bcamp doesn't litterBcamp doesn't litter

Device: Fire Tablet; Note9
Hi! I must be doing something wrong. I've been using the reading list plugin for months to sync with my Note9 and Fire tablet (using calibre Companion). I've had no issues. But … (isn't there always a but?) I decided to clean up read books on my phone and deleted some epubs but when I next synchronized the books came back. Not sure which reading list setting is in error. I'd love to have some guidance as to what each setting does. Apologies if there is already a Wiki and I missed it.
Bcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 12:15 AM   #816
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Bcamp - I would guess that you probably have "Sync to this device..." checked for your list, but don't have "Clear this list after a sync..." checked. But that, as it says, clears the list each time.

If you want to use the same list for multiple devices, I think you need remove those books from the list before you sync.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:48 AM   #817
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcamp View Post
Hi! I must be doing something wrong. I've been using the reading list plugin for months to sync with my Note9 and Fire tablet (using calibre Companion). I've had no issues. But … (isn't there always a but?) I decided to clean up read books on my phone and deleted some epubs but when I next synchronized the books came back. Not sure which reading list setting is in error. I'd love to have some guidance as to what each setting does. Apologies if there is already a Wiki and I missed it.
The options to look at are:

- "When syncing this list": There are several options. I suspect you have one of the options that update all the books.
- "Sync to this device as soon as it is connected": Just whether to do the sync immediately. Turning it off when having problems is a good idea.
- "Clear this list after a sync to this device": This will empty the list after the sync is done.

For me, I use the reading lists as a way to collect books to be added to the devices. I have the last two turned on and the first set to "Add/Overwrite all list items on the device". And I have a list for each device. That way, when I get a new book, I decide which devices it goes to and add the book to those lists. When I connect the device, the books automatically go there and the list is cleared.

My guess is that you intend the list to be a list of all the books on the device. And it is automatically syncing all books to the device when it is connected. If, so, turning off the "Sync to this device as soon as it is connected" option is probably enough to solve the problem.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #818
Bcamp
Bcamp doesn't litterBcamp doesn't litter

Device: Fire Tablet; Note9
Thanks to you both! I had been trying to keep track of what was on each device so was not clearing the lists after sync. By adding a column for each list which is updated for add and remove I see now I can achieve what I want and still clear the list after sync. I'll play with the "Sync to this device as soon as it is connected" option as well.

Again, thanks for the very quick help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The options to look at are:

- "When syncing this list": There are several options. I suspect you have one of the options that update all the books.
- "Sync to this device as soon as it is connected": Just whether to do the sync immediately. Turning it off when having problems is a good idea.
- "Clear this list after a sync to this device": This will empty the list after the sync is done.

For me, I use the reading lists as a way to collect books to be added to the devices. I have the last two turned on and the first set to "Add/Overwrite all list items on the device". And I have a list for each device. That way, when I get a new book, I decide which devices it goes to and add the book to those lists. When I connect the device, the books automatically go there and the list is cleared.

My guess is that you intend the list to be a list of all the books on the device. And it is automatically syncing all books to the device when it is connected. If, so, turning off the "Sync to this device as soon as it is connected" option is probably enough to solve the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Bcamp - I would guess that you probably have "Sync to this device..." checked for your list, but don't have "Clear this list after a sync..." checked. But that, as it says, clears the list each time.

If you want to use the same list for multiple devices, I think you need remove those books from the list before you sync.
Bcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #819
mattam
mattam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Printing a Reading List??

Is there any way to print one of the Reading Lists?
I've created one for my wife that holds all the books she'd like to read in the future.
The only way I can work out how to print it, is to copy the list to a temporary library, then close Calibre and use calibredb --list to print from the temporary library.
Is there a smart, more integrated way of doing this?
mattam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #820
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Catalog (right click the conversion icon) respects the current search/VL view. You can create a number of book type formats or a CSV (no direct print or PDF option)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:36 AM   #821
mattam
mattam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Catalog (right click the conversion icon) respects the current search/VL view. You can create a number of book type formats or a CSV (no direct print or PDF option)
Thanks, @theducks! That's a lot easier than my clunky method!
Thank you!
mattam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:16 AM   #822
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
This might be a dumb question, but what does "Reading Order Options" do? There's an option to match a column to "Store in series" but I'm not clear on what that column would be used for nor what I should put in Series name.
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #823
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
This might be a dumb question, but what does "Reading Order Options" do? There's an option to match a column to "Store in series" but I'm not clear on what that column would be used for nor what I should put in Series name.
This isn't something I've ever used, but the first post say:

Quote:
Optionally populate a custom series column with your reading list order, for constant visibility within calibre or content server
A reading list has an order, but it is only visible when viewing the list. This option puts the order in a series column with a series name so that it can be seen at other times. If you want to use this, you need to add a custom column of type series. Then select the column and set a name to be used as the series.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #824
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This isn't something I've ever used, but the first post say:

A reading list has an order, but it is only visible when viewing the list. This option puts the order in a series column with a series name so that it can be seen at other times. If you want to use this, you need to add a custom column of type series. Then select the column and set a name to be used as the series.
Got it! Thx!
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:48 AM   #825
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
It's been some time since I tried to create a list to sync to device, but when I tried now, it didn't work.

I've attached screenshots of the 2 lists I've created. Hopefully someone here can spot my error.

I've tried with both connecting via usb on my laptop and the wireless connection.

I would much prefer to use the Wireless Connection option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reading List To Device.png
Views:	149
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	174073   Click image for larger version

Name:	On Device.png
Views:	140
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	174074  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote