Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #466
Eskoe
Eskoe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
For some reason, having only just started recently and only for some books, when I download metadata books ISBNs or ASINs are being added as tags for books, despite not being in the customized genre list. I feel like I must have done something because it's been working perfectly until recently, but I haven't changed a thing.

Just as an example, for the "Into the Woods" by John Yorke eBook, the downloaded tags are now: "Film, PER004050, PER010050, PER011030, PER019000, Writing" where as previously it'd only have been Film and Writing.

Any idea what's happened?
Eskoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #467
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskoe View Post
For some reason, having only just started recently and only for some books, when I download metadata books ISBNs or ASINs are being added as tags for books, despite not being in the customized genre list. I feel like I must have done something because it's been working perfectly until recently, but I haven't changed a thing.

Just as an example, for the "Into the Woods" by John Yorke eBook, the downloaded tags are now: "Film, PER004050, PER010050, PER011030, PER019000, Writing" where as previously it'd only have been Film and Writing.
I'm not seeing that happen here. I added a book titled "Into the Woods" with the author "John Yorke". When I downloaded the metadata, it found https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17593915 and the only tag was "Writing".

Having a quick look at the book on Goodreads, I do not see anything that looks like those codes on the pages. But, if you already with an ISBN or ASIN in the identifiers, they will be used to find the book. That will give a specific edition which can have different metadata.

But, those extra tags do not look like ISBNs or ASINs. Searching for them, they appear to be a BISAC codes. The plugin is definitely not looking for them, and unless they are in the genre list shown on the books page, they don't get added. I don't see them on the page above. Are you using other metadata sources? Or other plugins? Something like a BISAC code is more likely to come from one of the Wikidata plugins or the Library Codes plugin. I don't use either, so I don't know if they will add them.

If you don't use any of these, then I need to see the log from the metadata download. When the book selection dialog comes up, press the "View log" button and then the "Copy to clipboard" button on the next dialog. Post the full contents here for me to look at.

And, as I haven't said it for a while a more general request. When reporting an issue with any metadata source plugin, please include the URL for the book you are looking for. And if the match is wrong, then the URL or identifier for the book the plugin finds. That makes sure we are talking about the same books. And editions in this case.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #468
jaslerx
jaslerx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4 (use calibre companion & Marvin3)
Anyone else finding loading metadata from Goodreads going much more slowly the last week or so? I only have Goodreads metadata turned on, currently running 3.38.1 64-bit (will update to 39.1 later to see if it makes a difference)

"Found 1 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 32.5560002327"

Last edited by jaslerx; 03-03-2019 at 03:07 PM.
jaslerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata