Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 06:13 PM   #241
Jerola
Jerola began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can anyone recommend a basic MP3 player?

I've been using my trusty Sony Walkman but it is old now and has issues.

I want something dedicated to AUDIO files - don't want extras that include video or ebooks or anything else.

I also download lectures and documentaries from YouTube so I just want a device that plays my MP3 and WMA files, no apps or anything needed.

Oh, and most importantly, it needs to have a button that allows me to rewind 5 or 15 seconds if I miss something. My Sony Walkman won't allow me to just go back a few seconds, it takes me back to the previous audio file.

I thought it would be easy to find such a thing but it's not.

Love the idea of swimming while listening. Those training for the Olympics now can read books while they train?

Last edited by Jerola; 02-22-2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: adding extra info
Jerola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:53 PM   #242
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
@jerola: Yes, I love being able to listen to books while I swim, though I'm afraid I've missed my chance at the Olympics. I use my Delphin for that, but it's hardly what I'd call 'basic', and the price is pretty steep.

As for an MP3 player that's just an MP3 player? Not sure. I know some like Sansa Clip, but don't know about features on it. And there's always iPods. The Nano was a good size for me, and handles most things I needed it to do.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote