Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2019, 04:17 AM   #586
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:28 AM   #587
wagmic1
wagmic1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Thanks a lot Davidfor
i install the image on my sd all works
but after the update my sd card is corrupt i think my kobo as a problem.
here is the ouput of dmesg after plugin the kobo with the new firmware

Code:
usb 6-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[   35.076058] usb 6-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[   35.304109] usb 6-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using uhci_hcd
[   35.432183] usb 6-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[   35.668087] usb 6-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[   35.776131] usb usb6-port1: attempt power cycle
[   36.212058] usb 6-1: new full-speed USB device number 4 using uhci_hcd
[   36.628028] usb 6-1: device not accepting address 4, error -71
[   36.748059] usb 6-1: new full-speed USB device number 5 using uhci_hcd
[   37.164052] usb 6-1: device not accepting address 5, error -71
[   37.164098] usb usb6-port1: unable to enumerate USB device
i don't know what to do

Thank's to you

Last edited by wagmic1; 02-17-2019 at 04:30 AM.
wagmic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #588
Viru78
Viru78 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
On the first hand, does anyone have a Glo HD SD Image available?

On the second hand, is there any solution to connect kobo glo hd to windows 10? I know is a problem of windows and not the reader, but i don´t know if microsoft has fix it. Thanks a lot.
Viru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #589
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viru78 View Post
On the first hand, does anyone have a Glo HD SD Image available?
PM sent. Or was it just a question? But, I would have thought the length of the thread and all the posts in it would have made that obvious.
Quote:
On the second hand, is there any solution to connect kobo glo hd to windows 10? I know is a problem of windows and not the reader, but i don´t know if microsoft has fix it. Thanks a lot.
What problem? It's been a week or two since I connected my Glo HD to my Windows 10 laptop, but it worked fine there. But, if there is an issue you want to discuss, please start a new thread.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:46 PM   #590
Viru78
Viru78 began at the beginning.

Hi David, thanks for your pm. My apologyze for my english, i'm spanish and i don't speak and write it so good as I should. Thanks for the disk image, was no a question, i need it. About the second, since last update of my laptop with Windows 10 in december, i'm not able yo connect the kobo with laptop, i had read that is a problem of windows, the laptop says that device doens'nt work properly, and i can't put ebooks on the ereader, because It doesn't appear as a storage disk as It usually did before the update of laptop.

Last edited by Viru78; 02-19-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Viru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:59 PM   #591
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viru78 View Post
About the second, since last update of my laptop with Windows 10 in december, i'm not able yo connect the kobo with laptop, i had read that is a problem of windows, the laptop says that device doens'nt work properly, and i can't put ebooks on the ereader, because It doesn't appear as a storage disk as It usually did before the update of laptop.
Overall, there is no issue with connecting a Kobo device to a Windows 10 machine. But, there are some specific machines that have problems. It can be drivers, or hardware, or even a cable/port/device combination. Changing the cable or port will help. Using an external USB hub can help.

I do find my Glo HD to be the fussiest device. It doesn't like some of the cables I have. And I have a USB wedge gadget that allows me to leave a device physically connected and press a button to trigger the connect/disconnect. The Glo HD doesn't work with this, but all the other devices do. It will connect, but when there is some load over the connection, it disconnects. And that leaves the USB port in a state that can need a reboot to reset it.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #592
dilaverson
dilaverson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, PRS-T1, Kindle DX, Tolino Shine
Hello Davidfor, can I have the Glo HD image?

Thanks in advance!

Dilaver
dilaverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #593
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #594
draregmah
draregmah began at the beginning.

Hello Davidfor, can I have your Glo HD image to?

Thanks in advance!

draregmah
draregmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #595
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:37 AM   #596
draregmah
draregmah began at the beginning.

Thank you very much davidfor.
My glo hd works again !!!!!!!!!!!!
draregmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 AM   #597
ivanpiffer
ivanpiffer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello Davidfor, can I have your Glo HD image to?

Thanks in advance!
ivanpiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #598
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:06 AM   #599
Jande9
Jande9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi David,
Could I have a copy of the Glo HD image?
Thanks
Jan
Jande9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:20 AM   #600
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.