Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
JP91306
JP91306 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Automation ?

I frequently modify and/or change book covers in Calibre. When I do, I then re-do the conversions so the new/changed covers will be in the database and in the book itself.

I ALWAYS convert to threel formats. (EPUB, MOBI, AZW3)

Is there anyway I can create a "single operation" ...a macro...or script...to do the conversion to each of the several formats; instead of doing three separate passes.

Thank you,

jp
JP91306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Why do that (convert)?
Modify EPUB plugin, Polish (built in), Embed metadata all work on selected books (for some formats).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:27 AM   #3
JP91306

I don't actually understand what you said, but I need to make versions of books (usually starting from PDF's or DOCX) that are used by several users. They don't all have the same readers, so I make versions they can use.

I have no idea how to modify the Epub "plugin" or do what you are suggesting.

Maybe I didn't understand you.

jp
Old 02-15-2019, 03:03 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@JP91306 - no need to convert. You can use the Embed metadata tool to do all three in one shot. You'll probably need to add the tool to a toolbar/menu in Preferences->Toolbars and menus, or give it a keyboard shortcut in Prefernces->Shortcuts.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #5
JP91306

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@JP91306 - no need to convert. You can use the Embed metadata tool to do all three in one shot. You'll probably need to add the tool to a toolbar/menu in Preferences->Toolbars and menus, or give it a keyboard shortcut in Prefernces->Shortcuts.

BR
OK...I found that...can you direct me to the information that explains what that will do, and how it will affect the books created? (I don't want to use space in this forum if it exists somewhere in documentation.)

Thank you,

jp
Old 02-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP91306 View Post
OK...I found that...can you direct me to the information that explains what that will do, and how it will affect the books created? (I don't want to use space in this forum if it exists somewhere in documentation.)

Thank you,

jp
Create yourself a test library where you can try things and see for yourself, and/or read the calibre User Manual, and/or browse the calibre - What's new notes, and/or read the code (instruction for downloading the code are at the back of the User Manual).

But basically what it does is to update what metadata it can, in an EPUB that's everything, I'm not sure about AZW3 maybe most things, with MOBI's I think its limited to cover, title and author.

BTW I would not have told you to use the Embed tool had I not just tested it first.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote