Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
Dogmomm
Dogmomm began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
moving books from eReader to Stanza???

I'm new to ebooking and wanted to try Stanza and eReader to see which I liked better. I bought Duma Key for Stanza thru "Stanza Books by Fictionwise", and I bought Angels and Demons for eReader from eReader.com. Is there a way to get both books into Stanza, or get both books into eReader? I can only view them in the reader I downloaded them into. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dogmomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You can log into the eReader store with Stanza. Just go to the library/stores and select eReader... it will ask for your account info. You should be able to d/l the book.

As far as the other way around, I'm not sure if that is possible.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
Dogmomm
Dogmomm began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thanks, PilotBob. Now I need some guidance how to do that. On my iPhone, I open Stanza. I go into "Library". I tap on "Online Catalog". (I don't have an option that says "Library/Stores"). I see choices for Fictionwise, BooksOnBoard, Feedbooks, Project Gutenberg, etc. I don't see where it says I can go into eReader.com. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Dogmomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmomm View Post
Thanks, PilotBob. Now I need some guidance how to do that. On my iPhone, I open Stanza. I go into "Library". I tap on "Online Catalog". (I don't have an option that says "Library/Stores"). I see choices for Fictionwise, BooksOnBoard, Feedbooks, Project Gutenberg, etc. I don't see where it says I can go into eReader.com. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Ok, I'm trying to recall here. I think that if you got to fictionwise and log in your should see your eReader.com content there to. You may need to go to one web site or the other to tie your account together. Sorry, been a while since I did this.

Here is a quote from this web link http://www.lexcycle.com/faq/how_to_g..._stanza_iphone

If you already have an account at eReader.com or www.fictionwise.com, you can follow the exact instructions above using those websites (instead of stanza.fictionwise.com) for uploading and then entering account information for those accounts when you go to My Bookshelf.

Sorry, I would have to beg my sons iPod to try it right now.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmomm View Post

Pick Fictionwise, it is the company that owns ereader.com

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
I have an account with Fictionwise (ereader.com) and have many purchases in my Bookshelf. Can I download them onto my iPhone?
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Yes, you should be able to download them into your phone - but you may need to register your phone on your Fictionwise account first.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Yes, you should be able to download them into your phone - but you may need to register your phone on your Fictionwise account first.
Not true.
The only thing you may have to do is register with a credit card to be able to read secure ereader books. No need to register a phone.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwvan View Post
I have an account with Fictionwise (ereader.com) and have many purchases in my Bookshelf. Can I download them onto my iPhone?
To add your own books to eReader on your iPhone, there is no SSH required. Just convert a txt file to a pdb (ebook file format) using one of many small and free programs. Then after creating an account on ereader.com, just go to your bookshelf and look for a button that says something like personal files or something. That is where they let you upload any .pdb file you have on your computer so that it can be then downloaded to your iPhone from the site. The file won't appear in your bookshelf online, but when you log into your bookshelf from your iPhone, you will see the recently uploaded file available to be downloaded to the iphone.

I hope this helps. I do this.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote