Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
T1ND3R
T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Hello mobileread

I have recently purchased a PRS-505 to transfer my library of ebooks to, but i've ran into a lot of formatting problems, ones that actually ruin the reading experience for me. I'm currently using calibre to convert .lit to .lrf, but formatting dramatically changes.

I was wondering if there were any good tools out there that would be able to help me format these ebooks correctly.

Thanks in advance
T1ND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1ND3R View Post
I have recently purchased a PRS-505 to transfer my library of ebooks to, but i've ran into a lot of formatting problems, ones that actually ruin the reading experience for me. I'm currently using calibre to convert .lit to .lrf, but formatting dramatically changes.

I was wondering if there were any good tools out there that would be able to help me format these ebooks correctly.

Thanks in advance
Hello, T1ND3R........welcome to MobileRead.

I'm sure you'll soon be getting some great help and advice.

Let us know where you are from, and what you like to read.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello T1ND3R, I use Bookdesigner a lot to convert books
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
T1ND3R
T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T1ND3R has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
I'm from Beloit, WI but I commute to Whitewater where I attend their university. I enjoy reading sci-fi, fantasy, and thrillers. My favorite authors are R.A. Salvatore, James Patterson, Dan Brown, John Grisham, and Terry Brooks to name a few. I'm really big into re-reading books as well, which is why I decided to pick up the PRS-505, so that I may carry all of my books around with me wherever I go.
T1ND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi T1ND3R and welcome to Mobile Read

I am a new Sony PRS 505 owner also and absolutely love it! I have so many books to read I just can't decide (which is why I have 3 ongoing books right now). I love that I can carry it with me and pull it out to read anywhere I am, even waiting in lines..

Check out all the beautifully formatted books here that have been uploaded by the dedicated members. They do a great job and are always willing to chime in when you have a question.
Hope you enjoy yours as well as I enjoy mine..

check out some of the threads for using calibre to convert .lit to .lrf--- i've not ventured into that yet
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi T1ND3R and welcome to the Forum. I'm like dreams with my 505. I actually look forward to having to wait for things like doctor's appointments so I can read away the time.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote