Notices

Old 11-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
patti
patti
patti began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi

Hello all
I'm brand new to this forum and have no idea about where things are. I will not ask those questions here as I understand, from Patricia's post, that there are relevant places for questions. I hope I can find those places. Thanks
Patti
patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Welcome Patti, I'm all the way across town in Kitchener. Enjoy the forum. Lots of good information here. You can start in the Wiki section.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Patti. Books for the Kindle can be found in the MobiPocket forum here at MobileRead. Start at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=128

You can also grab the MobiPocket Download Guide and put it on your Kindle. The MobiPocket guide is at https://www.mobileread.com/mobiguide If you are in the US where the WhisperNet service (Sprint EVDO cellular) is available, you can use the MobiPocket Download Guide to download books directly into your Kindle. Or just use it as a portable catalog to help you find books to be downloaded with your PC and then transferred to the Kindle.

It's a friendly group here at MobileRead. Why not tell us all about you and the types of books that you like to read.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Hi Patti, welcome! If you want to get acquainted with the site, I suggest you click on the "Forums" link at the top of the page. The forums are grouped by topic, and are self-explanatory. Enjoy your stay!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi patti and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
patti
patti
patti began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Okay, I'm not familiar with the format of this site and so everything looks mumble jumble to me. I have a Kindle but I'm in Canada so don't have access to the Whispernet. I was told by Amazon that I could buy ebooks from them, download them to my computer and then upload them to my Kindle. Well, it turns out that I have to have a US credit card attached to a US address, which I don't and have no way of doing so. SO...I was then told that I could possibly be able to download from this site and then upload to my Kindle. Does anyone know how to do that? I looked on the places Elsi suggested but I don't know what I'm looking at when I open those links. It's just a bunch of thread links and I wouldn't even know where to start to look. Anyone know what I can do??thanks
Patti
patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Patti... the first message in each of those ebooks threads has a file attached to it. Download that file and copy it to your Kindle. Make sure to get the Mobipocket/.PRC files.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote