Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #46
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
@Mingyar
I was lazy and diverted the standard output into a file for debugging , I assume that was the problem.
If that is the case, this new version should help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenInv_build4.zip (20.9 KB, 609 views)
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #47
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
@yoq: mmmmhhh, good point
About the file, I mean that in the tweak sh script you create a real file with echo, but not a FIFO.

@tshering: so did you have changed the aspect of bars and dictionaries using CSS? How?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #48
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post
And yes, the uninstaller doesn't remove all files but the hack is disabled afterwards. So far I couldn't think of a safe way to remove them on all models.
Maybe I completely miss the point, but wouldn't

rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so
rm /tmp/invertScreen
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInvertLog
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInvertLogFB

in autorun.sh do the job?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@tshering: so did you have changed the aspect of bars and dictionaries using CSS? How?
No, I changed only the colors of the books.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #50
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Lucas Malor
OK, so you mean I should use a file to save the state when powering the kobo off?
That's a good idea, I'll implement it in the next release when Mingyars problem is fixed.
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #51
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Well, it's a good idea, but I mean that it seem you already create a real file, since in the nightmode.sh there's a echo but no mkfifo.

@tshering: what a pity, it would be fantastic if kobo style could be personalized using CSS
Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #52
yoq
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Maybe I completely miss the point, but wouldn't

rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so
rm /tmp/invertScreen
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInvertLog
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInvertLogFB

in autorun.sh do the job?

The problem is, autorun.sh is execute before the internal sd storage is mounted. If you look into rcS, it starts with "/sbin/udevadm trigger", the mount comes a few lines after that.
Thinking about it, it should be possible to wait for the mount in the script.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #53
yoq
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Well, it's a good idea, but I mean that it seem you already create a real file, since in the nightmode.sh there's a echo but no mkfifo.

@tshering: what a pity, it would be fantastic if kobo style could be personalized using CSS
No, the hack executes mkfifo on startup, and so echo just writes into the fifo.
But using a real file would be bad for the sd, and make things slower.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #54
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
The problem is, autorun.sh is execute before the internal sd storage is mounted. If you look into rcS, it starts with "/sbin/udevadm trigger", the mount comes a few lines after that.
Thinking about it, it should be possible to wait for the mount in the script.
Maybe one could prepare the uninstall already at the time of the installation in the rcS file.

Code:
if [ -e /root/unistallscreenInv.sh ]; then
	/root/unistallscreenInv.sh
	/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws \&
else
	LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so /usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws \&
fi
unistallscreenInv.sh would do the cleanup. I don't know how to restore the original crS from the unistallscreenInv.sh. Would be easy if the "if ... fi" block would be a one-liner. Is this possible by using semicolons? (I am not a linux user and just started with bash because of the kobo. So I am just fooling around.)

Last edited by tshering; 05-06-2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: corrected elif to else
Old 05-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #55
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
@Mingyar
I was lazy and diverted the standard output into a file for debugging , I assume that was the problem.
If that is the case, this new version should help.
Thanks Yok but problems are still here.

No serial informations transmitted to the Kobo after plugin installed.

After uninstall of the plugin by the uninstaller KoboRoot.tgz, 3 files still remain in .kobo folder (screenInvertLog, nightmode.sh and screenInv.so)

Only thing better, after uninstall completed by deleting manually the 3 files, no need to factory reset.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #56
yoq
Developer

With "serial informations", do you mean the serial port?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/euphy/8522682330/

Please tell me how I can reproduce the problem.

Last edited by yoq; 05-06-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #57
tapioco2000
tapioco2000 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
In my opinion battery drain is normal.
tapioco2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:59 AM   #58
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
No serial informations transmitted to the Kobo after plugin installed.
Do you mean the series information as in Harry Potter#1, Harry Potter#2... ?
You seem to use the kepub.epub plugin. Do you also use the shelf management settings?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #59
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

@Mingyar: can you reinstall and re-uninstall the plugin, add a test.sh entry to the kobotweaks.ini and write such a file with:
Code:
cat /etc/init.d/rcS > /mnt/onboard/.kobo/mydebug.log
restart the kobo and execute the test entry, mount the kobo, search for .kobo/mydebug.log and post here its contents?

@yoq: ok, let me know if I have understood: you are dynamically linking a C library to nickel bin. The library contains a class, which constructor is automatically invoked. The constructor creates the FIFO. Since this is done at startup, any echo will be directed to the FIFO? Right?

Thank you for the C for dummies lesson
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #60
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
With "serial informations", do you mean the serial port?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/euphy/8522682330/

Please tell me how I can reproduce the problem.
No, not serial port, but, as Samhy says, the line added under the title in the library for collections.

And yes I use the Calibre's plugin to send epub in kepub format (xxx.kepub.epub)
The plugin is described here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211135

I'll try to dump the rcS file as soon as possible.

Thanks again to take care

Last edited by Mingyar; 05-06-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch