Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Markdown to ePub has <title>Unknown</title>

When I convert Markdown text files to ePub I always end up with the <title> tag in the <head> section of every xhtml file having a value of "Unknown". It's an easy fix up with Tweak ePub, but I just wondered if there is some better way of getting this tag set to the book's title?

Last edited by Agama; 06-07-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The contents of the <title></title> tags aren't necessary for ePubs. The tags themselves need to be there, but ePub reading systems don't really use the text they contain for anything. If it's just a personal preference, I can understand that... but I don't know of any setting that will accomplish it for you.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I'm guessing search/replace would let you do this manually - pretty sure that has already been inserted before it gets to search/replace.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the infos. It shows up in my web browser's title bar, (when opening one of the files during a Tweak ePub), which drew my attention to it. But since ePub reading systems don't use the value I'll stop bothering about it.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
Agama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
I'm guessing search/replace would let you do this manually - pretty sure that has already been inserted before it gets to search/replace.
I gave this a try and it worked very nicely. Thanks! It's better than doing it during Tweak ePub because it's easy to save/load these searches. (I hadn't looked at search/replace for well over a year and hadn't realised how powerful it has become.)

But this has raised another question for me? Is it possible to apply search/replace to the final xhtml and not just the intermediate xhtml? This would really help reduce the amount of post-processing Tweaks that I use.
Advert