Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #1
svennienbg
svennienbg began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Lumiread
prc / mobi not readable Acer Lumiread

Hi, I am new to this forum and sorry if I have not found the answer to my question yet.
I am using the Acer Lumiread.
I just bought an ebook (prc file) - it says that it can be read on the Lumiread - but I only get weired characters.
Maybe it's due to the drm - how can I unlock it to save it as epub with calibre?
Thanks for any help.

Sven
svennienbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If the MOBI has DRM, you should first confirm that you can read it with (say) Windows MobiPocket Reader. If not, redownload it from the original site for you copy of WMR. Then you can use this app's PID when striping the DRM. The easiest approach is likely the 3rd party DRM-stripping plugins for Calibre that work at the import stage. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for all things DRM related.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert