Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #16
squeakywheel
squeakywheel is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3, PRS-500 (retired)
Does anyone know if the Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park Library have any ebook titles? My family used to live there and I believe I still have an old library card somewhere.

Doesn't library ebooks open up the opportunity for "remote" access from another city?
squeakywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #17
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Naperville Public Library

Naperville Public Library:

EPUB - 155
Protected PDF - 1872
Mobipocket - 213
-----------------
Total - 2240
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:00 AM   #18
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Cuyahoga County Public Library (CLEVELAND, OH) has:
Mobipocket - 2048
Adobe PDF - 3128

Oh...that's right...Overdrive is located right here.... Guess that's why Cleveland's library is so big on ebooks.
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
If you're looking for ePub, go for the County of LA Public Library. They have around 175, I think (going to look so I can post stats). I've had my PRS-505 since September 1, and at that time it was only around 120, so they're adding around 10-20 books a month, I guess.
Thanks for the information. I did not know that there are separate library systems. Currently, I remove DRM from mobipocket and convert it into LRF to read on PRS-505 but, with epub, I don't have to go through this trouble. I will see how to get another library card.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #20
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
NPYL seems to be buying a lot of how-to/self-help/others of that type. And I've noticed some libraries are buying way way too many romance eBooks.
I have been surprised how many juvenile fiction ebooks my library gets.

I wonder if they have access to the statistics of what is checked out. Some of the best sellers have 50 people on the waiting list!

It's obvious some 'buyer' at the library picks what they get and there must be different prices for different books. Maybe they can get 5 juvenile fiction for the cost of 1 bestseller?? I've also wondered how long the library keeps them before they have to be renewed or dropped.

My library has added videos now, and I wish they would get more ebooks instead.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
The MobiRead Wiki has a very good link of the libraries with ebook readers

Here is the URL:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #22
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
No wonder they seemed to be all checked out in Chicago! Unless I put them on hold, and I can only do that 6 at a time, I can't find any to check out. Oh well, I have enough to keep me busy!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #23
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Naperville Public Library:

EPUB - 155
Protected PDF - 1872
Mobipocket - 213
-----------------
Total - 2240
Chicago should be ashamed! Naperville is ahead.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #24
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Boston Public Library

http://overdrive.bpl.org/9886B135-81...en/Default.htm

ePub - 461
PDF - 2280
mobi - 958
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #25
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Minuteman Library (library consortium covering Metrowest region of Massachusetts)

http://digital.minlib.net/10B15150-B...en/default.htm

epub - 98
pdf - 46
mobi - 6

to JSWolf for the lead
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #26
daisy76
daisy76 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Chicago should be ashamed! Naperville is ahead.
Although Naperville is ahead, Chicago seems to have a better selections across the board.

Also, it seems like after the holidays, the available books at Chicago plummented. Maybe a lot of ereaders were given as gifts this holiday season.
I've been using my reader for 6 months and have just been reading library books. The last few weeks have been challenging trying to find books to read that were available.

And although I have both a Naperville and Chicago card, I find that Naperville is harder to navigate.
daisy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #27
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
Maryland:
Adobe Epub - 110
Adobe PDF - 1484
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #28
Steve Zissou
Steve Zissou began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500
My public library has a partnership with net library (http://www.netlibrary.com/), has anyone been able to download books from that site to their reader? I have a Sony Touch.
Steve Zissou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #29
daisy76
daisy76 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
I wanted to correct my previous post.
Naperville has better selection. Just very annoying to navigate.
They definetly have more books available to check out right now then Chicago.
daisy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #30
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I have a Chicago card as well and am disappointed with their overall selection. Once in a while I will come across an ebook Chicago has that I cannot get at Schaumburg or Crystal Lake.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cities, library, overdrive