Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
willthethrill521
M!77!@W
willthethrill521 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle fire
This doesnt seem to be working for me. I entered EBOK under 501 (CDE Type), uploaded my mobi file and it doesnt show up under Books.
If it helps any, when I open the mobi in the program there isnt a field 501 (CDE Type). I created one and added EBOK to it. Dont know if the 501 field is supposed to be there on startup or not.
Any suggestions?
willthethrill521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
willthethrill521
M!77!@W

This program doesnt seem to be working for me.
I add the 501 (CDE Type) and edit the field to EBOK, press <enter> and my mobi still shows up under docs...
any suggestions gluggy???
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
brad98408
brad98408 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for this program. It is what I was looking for after my mobi2mobi quit working probably after a Windows Update. If possible I have two suggestions. 1. It seems you have to close the app and open it again to edit a new file. It would be nice if your could open a new file in the app. 2. Being able to cut and paste would be helpful to.
brad98408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #19
gluggy
gluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfolded

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by willthethrill521 View Post
This doesnt seem to be working for me. I entered EBOK under 501 (CDE Type), uploaded my mobi file and it doesnt show up under Books.
If it helps any, when I open the mobi in the program there isnt a field 501 (CDE Type). I created one and added EBOK to it. Dont know if the 501 field is supposed to be there on startup or not.
Any suggestions?
It should be pretty straightforward.

Did you click on the "Save" button after adding the 501 field?

The app appends a "_new" to the original mobi filename when it saves. Are you sure you're checking the new file?
gluggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
gluggy
gluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98408 View Post
Thanks for this program. It is what I was looking for after my mobi2mobi quit working probably after a Windows Update. If possible I have two suggestions. 1. It seems you have to close the app and open it again to edit a new file. It would be nice if your could open a new file in the app. 2. Being able to cut and paste would be helpful to.
Thanks for the suggestions, Brad. Yeah, it does make sense to have a regular "Open..." menu option. I'll add that into the next version.

Cut & paste should work when you're editing all the text fields. Or are you referring to the ability to cut & paste entire EXTH records?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #21
brad98408

Doesn't seem to work for me. When I right click on a text field nothing happens.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #22
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98408 View Post
Doesn't seem to work for me. When I right click on a text field nothing happens.
try Ctrl+C Ctrl+V
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #23
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluggy View Post
The app appends a "_new" to the original mobi filename when it saves. Are you sure you're checking the new file?
Also, open the new version with the Java editor again to check that it includes the EBOK. Then copy it to your Fire (in either Books or Documents) and it should show up under the Books app.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #24
brad98408

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
try Ctrl+C Ctrl+V
That worked, thanks. Would be nice if the mouse worked also.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #25
willthethrill521
M!77!@W

I have clicked the save button after I added EBOK to 501. I uploaded the '..._new.mobi' to the Fire and its still shows up in docs. I have reopened the '..._new.mobi' in your program and it does have my EBOK addition in it. Still doesnt work =l

I tested an already converted mobi from calibre in your program. The calibre mobi conversion adds a 113(ASIN) and 503(updated title). Don't know if either of those would be the issue.

Also, does the record type have to be in order from smallest to largest??
Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #26
gluggy

How are you loading the books onto your Kindle? I've found that you need to sideload the book (either through USB or a program like ES File Explorer). It doesn't work if you email the book to your Kindle.

Also, try doing a "Force Stop" on the Kindle application, to refresh the cache.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Renaming

Love this program. It is gonna save me loads of time b/c a lot of my old calibre conversions have PDOC instead of EBOK so they go to my documents folder on my Fire unless I do a mobi to mobi. Is there any way to save as the old file name (overwrite) so that it matches my calibre db?
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #28
gluggy

Please try the new version (0.14).

You can specify the target filename by clicking on the output filename field.

This new version also lets you open a new file without having to quit and start the program again.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #29
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for this. With multiple devices I rely on WhisperSync, and this is a great tool to quickly check the relevant fields.

OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #30
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
thank you for this program. it's enabled me to use the "rate & save" feature on my kindle keyboard again for non-amazon purchased books. Especially once I realized that there are 2 ASIN lines (113 & 504) that must match (& be valid) as well as the CDE (501). Next step is to load those corrected files onto the fire and see where they open (docs or books).
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, mobi metadata, mobi metadata editor, mobi2mobi