Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
erosebud12
erosebud12 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X
Unhappy Plucker/Sunrise resets TX

Friends,
Things were going so well for some few weeks. Now suddenly I get a reset when choosing any of my documents, or whatever they are, in Plucker. I haven't added software, haven't tinkered much with Sunrise after learning how to insert a document/configure a site. I'm using Plucker 1.8 and Sunrise XP 2.0b9f. Any suggestions?
Michael Penn Moore
erosebud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Dick Tracy
Detective
Dick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Palm TX
In FileZ or other file manager delete plkr-* files. There is also CleanPlkr.
Dick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #3
erosebud12
erosebud12 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X
Thanks, Dick Tracy! Worked like a charm. I haven't tracked down CleanPlkr yet--Google's best shot led to a dead URL--but at least I'm in business again. I'm grateful for your help.
Michael Penn Moore
erosebud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
CleanPlkr (snapshots of Plucker).

Direct link to PRC.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
There is another thing to try for those who have this problem but don't happen to have CleanPlkr, FileZ, etc. installed. Try just deleting all of the documents from within Plucker. I had this problem a few weeks ago and that worked for me.

I understand, though, that in some cases, you have to get more aggressive.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
erosebud12-- Several weeks ago, I was working quite a bit with Alex Pruss to try to address recurring crash problems I was having with Plucker on my TE2 (NVFS-related). Large documents (especially those with many graphics) consistently crashed frequently, and I'd have to run CleanPlkr (and sometimes delete additional files that CleanPlkr didn't catch) to get things running smoothly again.

The most recent snapshot of Plucker itself is significantly improved over the official v. 1.8 release in terms of its stability, for me anyway. (It's been a long time since they officially released a "new" release, the official version 1.8 is probably at least 2 years old.)

The snapshot version has occasionally presented me with modest flakiness of its own (weird things in display, etc.) but it's still much better overall. Go to Chaos' first link and scroll down to the bottom and you'll see all the current snapshots for each language. If you already have Plucker installed on your TX, you can simply install the "viewer" snapshot file over the old one and you'll be in business.
doogie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
claboor
claboor began at the beginning.

I tried the snapshot and it stopped my TX resets, but I lost the 5-way button function. Or at least some of it. I can't select with the center button or scroll down and select. I can't go back or forward, but I can move page up or page down. Is there some way I can fix that? I have tried changing the preference settings for "button".
claboor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claboor
I tried the snapshot and it stopped my TX resets, but I lost the 5-way button function. Or at least some of it. I can't select with the center button or scroll down and select. I can't go back or forward, but I can move page up or page down. Is there some way I can fix that? I have tried changing the preference settings for "button".
Email arpruss at gmail dot com for Alex Pruss's private build.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
claboor
claboor began at the beginning.

Thanks pruss, email sent. I think I hijacked the thread - sorry!
claboor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #10
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Pruss, you've made many many many valuable changes to Plucker in recent months.

Shouldn't the developers be putting out a new stable "release" version? Or is the problem that you guys are running out of numbers and don't want a 2.0 release? At least call it 1.9?
doogie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:14 AM   #11
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The snapshot is in fact stable.

The problem with a release is that there is one major feature which is unfinished (comments).
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote