Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-04-2021, 04:45 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Terry Pratchett series

Anybody watch series The Watch? The trailer looks a lot darker than what I remember from the books. A rather poor rating on IMDB.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:06 PM   #2
mpeg2
Connoisseur
mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Any idea where its broadcast/streaming?? I'd like to give it a try.

I'm in the US, BTW.

Rich
mpeg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Anybody watch series The Watch? The trailer looks a lot darker than what I remember from the books. A rather poor rating on IMDB.
Terry Pratchett's daughter has been VERY vocal in her condemnation of the series, focusing most on exactly that point - that the show has changed the tone/tenor of the original.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's being shown on BBC America. from what I've read, it's not been picked up in the UK. I thought it would have been picked up by BBC UK.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg2 View Post
Any idea where its broadcast/streaming?? I'd like to give it a try.

I'm in the US, BTW.

Rich
AMC.

If you log into the AMC website through your TV provider, you can watch some episodes.
Advert
Old 01-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #6
mpeg2
Connoisseur
mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thx - I found it on the AMC website - but also on BBC America (which I get through my Comcast sub) - so I've set my DVR to grab episodes there.

Not too optimistic, given the reviews, but as a Prachett freak, I have to give it a try.

Rich

Last edited by mpeg2; 01-04-2021 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #7
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg2 View Post
Thx - I found it on the AMC website - but also on BBC America (which I get through my Comcast sub) - so I've set my DVR to grab episodes there.

Not too optimistic, given the reviews, but as a Prachett freak, I have to give it a try.

Rich
That was my feeling prior to Rhianna's reaction. I figured not only is she a bigger Pratchett freak than I, the content of her commentary was off-putting. Dark, unfunny Discworld is not TP's Discowrld
Old 01-04-2021, 07:14 PM   #8
mpeg2
Connoisseur

I guess its only a wasted few hours at the worst - lets see...

Rich
Old 01-04-2021, 09:15 PM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
That was my feeling prior to Rhianna's reaction. I figured not only is she a bigger Pratchett freak than I, the content of her commentary was off-putting. Dark, unfunny Discworld is not TP's Discowrld
As I'm not a Pratchett freak, I'm going to give it a try.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:03 PM   #10
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
As I'm not a Pratchett freak, I'm going to give it a try.
One upside of your reply - I finally noticed my typo. "Discowrld" would involve remaking the series in a whole NOTHER direction again.