Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #16966
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
Mine currently shows 10%
My guess is that Rakutan Canada is more generous than its US arm.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:24 PM   #16967
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
My guess is that Rakutan Canada is more generous than its US arm.
Could be!
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2021, 04:12 AM   #16968
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo Australia has a few promotions on at the moment in the lead up to Mother's Day.

One is to get 5000 points when you buy a $50 egift card. They don't limit who you buy this for, so you can buy it for yourself. In fact, you can use whatever store credit you have to buy it, so you effectively get 5000 points for nothing.

And you might actually get 6000 points. From memory, if you bought a $50 egift card, you would get 1000 points for the purchase. I don't know if that 1000 points will be included in the 5000, or, it will be separate.

The fine print for this is:

Quote:
eGift Cards:Limited time offer. Receive 5,000 Kobo Super Points when you send a Kobo eGift of $50 or more. Offer good for one time only per customer. Offer starts April 30, 2021 12:01 AM AEST and ends May 9, 2021 11:59 PM AEST. You will require a Kobo user account to redeem or send an eGift. 5,000 bonus points will be added to the purchasers Kobo account on file within 72 hours after purchasing the eGift. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.

They also have the Libra H2O and Clara HD on sale with $30 and $20 off respectively. JB HiFi also have this sale.

Lastly, there is 5x Super Points on this list of books.

The promotions are on until the 9th or 10th of May.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:50 AM   #16969
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

And you might actually get 6000 points. From memory, if you bought a $50 egift card, you would get 1000 points for the purchase. I don't know if that 1000 points will be included in the 5000, or, it will be separate.
It's separate. I just bought myself a $50 card and got the 1000 points. The 5000 will hopefully show up in due course.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #16970
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
So, Kobo gave me a 20% Discount Code for my birthday. Problem is, I've overspent on personal stuff the past few weeks and the code expires tomorrow. Don't know if it's locked to my account or not, but thought I'd offer it up for folks to try.

D3KC82
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #16971
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
So, Kobo gave me a 20% Discount Code for my birthday. Problem is, I've overspent on personal stuff the past few weeks and the code expires tomorrow. Don't know if it's locked to my account or not, but thought I'd offer it up for folks to try.

D3KC82
It worked for me, thank you!
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:42 PM   #16972
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MYPERK30 is still working in Canada.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:41 AM   #16973
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
It's separate. I just bought myself a $50 card and got the 1000 points. The 5000 will hopefully show up in due course.
For the record, I just noticed the 5000 points have been added. Which means it was 6000 points in total. The questioning in my original post was that I know I had done this before, but, I couldn't find anything in the points history where I had received both the purchased points and a later bonus. And the language used by Kobo wasn't clear whether it was 5000 extra points or a total of 5000 points. I think that meant the latter, but, didn't set it up properly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:08 AM   #16974
icenova96
icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
MYPERK30 worked for me again in Canada
icenova96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:28 AM   #16975
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
From email today:

- 50% OFF - THIS WEEK ONLY
Get the VIP treatment for less.

Use promo code VIPREADS to upgrade for half-price.

Enjoy 50% off our VIP membership.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #16976
ExpatVietnam
Enthusiast
ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.

Location: Bangladesh. (I didn't think about the permanence of my username.) Sigh.
Device: Kobo Glo, Fire10
50% off VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
From email today:

- 50% OFF - THIS WEEK ONLY
Get the VIP treatment for less.

Use promo code VIPREADS to upgrade for half-price.

Enjoy 50% off our VIP membership.
I received the email as well and code worked in Canada store.
ExpatVietnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #16977
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Is this "VIP" program Canada-only?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #16978
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist

As a VIP, you've got access to exclusive members-only sales. This month, enjoy 70% off select titles chosen just for you.

70% VIP Exclusive Sale: Offer is valid for select eBook & audiobook purchases from this page. Discount applied at checkout with use of promo code VIP70. Offer valid from May 10th, 2021 at 12:00 AM EST through May 31st, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time without notice.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:52 PM   #16979
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
As a VIP, you've got access to exclusive members-only sales. This month, enjoy 70% off select titles chosen just for you.

70% VIP Exclusive Sale: Offer is valid for select eBook & audiobook purchases from this page. Discount applied at checkout with use of promo code VIP70. Offer valid from May 10th, 2021 at 12:00 AM EST through May 31st, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time without notice.
In the 11+ years I have had an account with Kobo, never once have I received any email regarding the VIP program. Even stranger, nowhere on the (logged in) website can I find any link to related information or a mention of it. If not for Mobileread I would not even know it existed. Quite a contrast from Amazon's constant ads for KU or Prime.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:49 PM   #16980
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the record, I just noticed the 5000 points have been added. Which means it was 6000 points in total. The questioning in my original post was that I know I had done this before, but, I couldn't find anything in the points history where I had received both the purchased points and a later bonus. And the language used by Kobo wasn't clear whether it was 5000 extra points or a total of 5000 points. I think that meant the latter, but, didn't set it up properly.
I did get a total of 6000 points, 1000 immediately, then the 5000 a couple of days later
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals