Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
MaxFluteHD
MaxFluteHD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2015
Question [Question] Any way to jailbreak Kindle PW 2015?

Hi Guys,
I read many threads but there wasn't standig something concrete.
But I want to Jailbreak my Kindle Paperwhite 2015!
Can someone help me ???

Can I do something like downgrading? Or so...

Thank you

(Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited by MaxFluteHD; 11-11-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Aditional Idea
MaxFluteHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Fourth 'sticky' thread - "How to jailbreak .... "
Ignore the firmware number in the title and the model - they are all the same.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
MaxFluteHD

Thank you for your answer,
Did you mean
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254400
?
I don't und er stand this...
Old 11-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFluteHD View Post
Thank you for your answer,
Did you mean
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254400
?
I don't und er stand this...
Yup - the only way is by using the serial port.

We can't do anything about making it more understandable.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #5
grant2
Banned
grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grant2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite pw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
We can't do anything about making it more understandable.
I disagree... but give me a day or 2 and I will post something I think that helps.
grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2015, 01:45 AM   #6
MaxFluteHD

OK

I wait to the 11/14/15 and then I look again.
Can you write me then?

Mfg
Old 11-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #7
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
There is a jailbreak available that does not require cracking open and soldering your Kindle. Unfortunately it has not been released because Amazon doesn't want the author to release it yet...

I suggest you wait until when (possibly if?) the author releases the jailbreak. Unless you want to crack open your Kindle and invalidate the warranty...which seems a bit silly considering a software solution does exist.

But keep your Kindle in airplane mode (no wifi) so Amazon doesn't update it without asking.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:09 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
= = =
Unless you want to crack open your Kindle and invalidate the warranty...
= = =
Only the warranty provider can decide if something invalidates the warranty.
So far, no one has ever reported that Amazon has invalidated a warranty because of serial port usage or opening the Kindle.
(And in some countries, it would be against the law for them to do so.)
Old 11-12-2015, 03:48 PM   #9
elborak
Enthusiast
elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So far, no one has ever reported that Amazon has invalidated a warranty because of serial port usage or opening the Kindle.
Agreed. There are valid reasons to avoid the serial port jailbreak (lack of sufficient soldering expertise, you don't own the device, etc.), but voiding the warranty isn't one of them.
elborak is offline   Reply With Quote