Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
NOOB question regarding benefits from PW jailbreak

Hi

I'm new to the kindle , I just got my Paperwhite last week. Now I read that, there is a jailbreak for this device. So, I wonder what benefits will one get when jailbreaking his PW?

Will it read different book formats such as epub, txt, rtf, Doc, html, pdb, ..etc
Will it read RTL language as I want Arabic on epub if possible.
Will it handle PDF files in a good way?

If it will do that, can one plz direct me where to start after the jailbreak.

thanks
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hi, It' a jailbreak not a swiss army knife.

The JB lets you install other applications - aside from the amazon approved flavours.

Those applications could allow you to do these other things you listed.

PDF: Buf if I am honest PDF support is terrible,
EPUB + stufff: Hacked up reader is paperwhite ready I think,
RTL: meh probably

The Paperwhite is far too new to give you a big "Yes" and the Jailbreak will only allow these "future" things to run. not anything else.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K5_Index You could look there (much of the stuff will one day run, or does already)

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert