Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 03-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #31
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I will second Call of the Wild. It’s been a long time since I read it, and I have wanted to reread it.
Also, for those in the US with Alexa devices,
Alexa US -- streaming only(With Thanks to Tubemonkey and his FREE/BARGAIN -- Audiobooks thread.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #32
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I am amazed that Children of Time is not available everywhere for Kindle or as an Apple iBook considering how highly regarded it is by readers and critics. Would Kobo have an edition?
Children of Time is available from Kindle, pretty much everywhere, but not available from either of my libraries in any format. Apparently I wasn't clear in that post. Sorry!
Old 03-05-2020, 04:53 AM   #33
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
It seems worth reminding people that even though we only need a nomination and a second, we each have three tickets to spend in this process. So far I'm the only that that's spent them all. Just sayin'.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #34
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I’ll second

The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #35
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I have a second nomination (elephants again!): The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild by Lawrence Anthony with Graham Spence (2009, 381 pp.).

Quote:
When South African conservationist Lawrence Anthony was asked to accept a herd of "rogue" wild elephants on his Thula Thula game reserve in Zululand, his common sense told him to refuse. But he was the herd's last chance of survival: they would be killed if he wouldn't take them.

In order to save their lives, Anthony took them in. In the years that followed he became a part of their family. And as he battled to create a bond with the elephants, he came to realize that they had a great deal to teach him about life, loyalty, and freedom.

The Elephant Whisperer is a heartwarming, exciting, funny, and sometimes sad account of Anthony's experiences with these huge yet sympathetic creatures. Set against the background of life on an African game reserve, with unforgettable characters and exotic wildlife, it is a delightful book that will appeal to animal lovers and adventurous souls everywhere.
E-book and audiobook. Available in all relevant countries. Can be borrowed through OverDrive and Scribd.

Amazon U.S., $9.99
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #36
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, that's what I've been holding on to my last ticket for. Thanks, Catlady. I'll second The Elephant Whisperer. Even though the wait at the library might be a bit problematic, the audiobook version should be available in time, and it's read by Simon Vance, so will definitely be good.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:18 PM   #37
CRussel
(he/him/his)

OK, folks. We have one book still needing a second and I would like to see it find its way to the voting. And, of course, there's still time to nominate additional books. Remember, we're trying out a slightly modified system this month, with only a nomination and a second required. But everyone still gets three tickets to spend. So don't be shy!
Old 03-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #38
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I will second Children of Time.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Ah, that's what I've been holding on to my last ticket for. Thanks, Catlady. I'll second The Elephant Whisperer. Even though the wait at the library might be a bit problematic, the audiobook version should be available in time, and it's read by Simon Vance, so will definitely be good.
Oh, I didn't notice that it was Simon Vance--that's a bonus!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:01 AM   #40
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
For those interested, regardless of the voting outcome, Children of Time is an Amazon deal of the day for 2.99, today.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #41
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Thanks, drofgnal. A good price, certainly.