Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-29-2019, 01:22 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I can't add ebooks to a cart regardless. Ebooks are a 1-Click buy. So unless you were going to attempt to buy a $25 ebook for $20, I still don't see what there is to complain about.
I hate having the small charges in my credit card. They can sometimes trigger a fraud alert too if buying a lot of books. My workaround is to always keep a gift card balance on my account.

Also, keeping track if you've reached $20 is easier if you can add them to a cart and see the total, particularly if you're buying a bunch of $0.99-2.99 books. I have to open a spreadsheet to do a tally of the running total to see if I've reached the target amount.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #17
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I can't add ebooks to a cart regardless. Ebooks are a 1-Click buy. So unless you were going to attempt to buy a $25 ebook for $20, I still don't see what there is to complain about.
In addition to the niggling charges and the difficulty of keeping track of how much you've spent, there's the perennial problem of inadvertent purchases resulting from random touches. They can be undone, but it's a lot of clicks - and you have to realize you did it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Exactly.

I put everything in my Wish List and simply purchase. Reach the $20 mark (or higher) and get your $5 in ebook credit to purchase more.

Simple.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #19
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Exactly.

I put everything in my Wish List and simply purchase. Reach the $20 mark (or higher) and get your $5 in ebook credit to purchase more.

Simple.
Thank you, my dear doctor.

First, for the wishlist idea. Second, for bringing to my attention (I've only skimmed this post--someone may have done it first) the fact that the books have to be bought in a single transaction.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #20
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Thank you, my dear doctor.

First, for the wishlist idea. Second, for bringing to my attention (I've only skimmed this post--someone may have done it first) the fact that the books have to be bought in a single transaction.
You might want to read the thread at that.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
...for bringing to my attention the fact that the books have to be bought in a single transaction.
You do not have to buy the books in a single transaction. Or even a single day. You only need to spend $20 or more on ebooks by December 31st.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:54 PM   #22
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I hate having the small charges in my credit card. They can sometimes trigger a fraud alert too if buying a lot of books. My workaround is to always keep a gift card balance on my account.

Also, keeping track if you've reached $20 is easier if you can add them to a cart and see the total, particularly if you're buying a bunch of $0.99-2.99 books. I have to open a spreadsheet to do a tally of the running total to see if I've reached the target amount.
Another option for tracking is clicking on Orders on your Amazon home page, then Digital Orders for a quick overview of recent purchases. Though you have to do the math in your head and not useful if you’ve also bought a lot of digital music or streaming recently!

(I’m with those who dislike the one-click only option, though. Always have been.)
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #23
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Another option for tracking is clicking on Orders on your Amazon home page, then Digital Orders for a quick overview of recent purchases. Though you have to do the math in your head and not useful if you’ve also bought a lot of digital music or streaming recently!

(I’m with those who dislike the one-click only option, though. Always have been.)
I keep track via the gift card balance page. Entries are more compressed than on the Digital Orders list.

Another thing, if paying via gift card or digital credits, the Digital Orders summary list only shows $0.00 as the total. You'd have to check the invoice for each purchase to view the actual purchase price.

I don't know if wish lists display differently on the desktop version compared to mobile/tablet but I wish there was a Buy Now showing the total cost for the entire wish list similar to book series lists.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:22 PM   #24
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You might want to read the thread at that.
I hope that I haven't misunderstood your suggestion.

I did _read_ several of the earlier posts . . . . seems that one question concerned whether or not a person had to come up with _exactly_ $20 in order to take advantage of the sale (one or two or Audible's ads--which I _read_--were ambiguous about that (yes, I know that such a term or condition would have been ridiculous)) and, if so, how that might be accomplished. Dr. Drib's post put that concern to rest.

The other question came about from _reading_ a post or two that seemed to indicate that the purchases all had to come from a single cart. My purpose in coming to the thread just now was to ask how to do that--all of the Kindle books that I saw, and was inclined to purchase, had to be purchased by "one-click" only (I think that an exception to that situation _might_ be if a Kindle book is part of a cart with hard goods placed in it first).

If the post of yours was an admonition to tell me to read every post in a thread before asking a question, then first of all I plead guilty of not doing that of all threads, especially the longer ones. But, surely, I am not the only person who is guilty of that (which, I know, makes it neither right nor wrong).

A little more forbearance greatly would be appreciated.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-30-2019 at 03:45 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #25
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
If the post of yours was an admonition to tell me to read every post in a thread before asking a question, then first of all I plead guilty of not doing that of all threads, especially the longer ones. But, surely, I am not the only person who is guilty of that (which, I know, makes it neither right nor wrong).

A little more forbearance greatly would be appreciated.
I'll note that this thread wasn't especially long. No one is expected to read all the posts for the last several years in a thread stretching back for umpteen pages. But this was a new thread and all the information was presumably relevant.

By your own admission you had only skimmed, which meant that it wasn't worth your time to find the answer, but you expected another poster to take the time to answer an issue that had already been addressed. This strikes me as quite rude so your plea for forbearance is misplaced.

TL;DR, since we know you only skim: if you can't be bothered to read other members' posts, why should you expect them to read yours?