Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-14-2024, 12:36 PM   #3271
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Listened all the time to CKLW!

TPBM once owned a red plastic transistor radio.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:28 PM   #3272
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Never had a red one. My first one was a pocket AM radio, black plastic with a metal mesh grille. It probably had 6 transistors -- certainly no more than that -- and used a 9 volt battery. When I was 12 I saved up for an AM/FM radio, again black plastic with a metal mesh grille, but this one had a handle on top and was too big for a pocket. I think that one boasted 10 transistors, and used 6 "C" or "D" cells. Good times!

TPBM has already turned on their air conditioner.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2024, 10:56 PM   #3273
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I have no air conditioner. Even if I had, it would never be needed in April here, and usually not even in May. In fact, during an average year it might be needed for only 2-3 weeks, rarely for longer and often enough not even this much.

We still have central heating on in April and often even in May. It doesn't get really warm here until the second half of May or June.

PBM actually likes the climate where they live.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 12:35 AM   #3274
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Yes. Given that I spent the first part of my life in various locations in the Northwest Territories (prior to the split into the NT and Nunavuk), I prefer the climate here where temperatures rarely dip below 0°C and most precipitation is not solid. Outside temperatures in the -20s/-30s C and little sun for months are much better looking back than living them.

The PBM thinks their local climate is too hot much of the time.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:28 PM   #3275
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I KNOW it is ...

TPBM lives in T-shirts in the summer
Advert
Old 04-16-2024, 02:23 PM   #3276
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep.

PBM has lived in several different countries.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:53 PM   #3277
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Several different states (OH, WA, NC) within 1 country

TPBM has begun spring cleaning/purging.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:12 PM   #3278
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Mostly I've begun thinking about spring cleaning/purging, but I've made a few stabs at the margins. In my defense, we had a huge snowstorm less than two weeks ago.

TPBM loves flipflops beyond all other footwear.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 06:40 PM   #3279
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Hate them. Never wear them.

PBM has been on antidepressants.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:44 PM   #3280
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No.

The PBM is ready for warm/hot weather.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:00 AM   #3281
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I'm never really ready for it. I love a sunny day, just not a fan of heat.

TPBM hates liquorice.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:50 PM   #3282
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Red liquorice? Revolting stuff.

The PBM has no relatives living close to them.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:47 PM   #3283
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Define close. One of my nieces lives about 3 km from my home. Other relatives live farther away.

PBM has spent weeks without speaking to another human being (internet doesn't count).
Old 04-17-2024, 07:19 PM   #3284
DNSB
Bibliophagist

I'm living in North America—100km is a short distance.

I'm tempted to use that old joke about I haven't said a word to my wife in weeks—I didn't want to interrupt.

I do talk to people IRL multiple times per day.

The PBM stayed up all night finishing a book when they had to work the next day.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:44 PM   #3285
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

100 km is halfway across the country here (Estonia is a tiny, tiny piece of land) and no one would say that's close.
My sister lives about 15 km from me. I would never say that she lives close to me.

I have stayed up all night finishing a book when I had to work the next day... many years ago. I'm no longer young enough to want to do it now.

PBM lives close to the sea.