Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2022, 11:15 PM   #571
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Using most recent version of Calibre, current plugins and Kobo firmware 4.33.19759

I had previously set up collections more than a year ago but recently had a big problem with many titles in Calibre no longer having book files attached to them, and had to re-import and convert a lot of books. Following the directions in the wiki, I had originally set up a new column called My Shelves with about 10 genre that I wanted to use for collections. (my tags have these plus some subgenre or extra info so I don't use tags for collections). I thought that listing (in the Collections, Covers and Uploads section of the Kobo Touch Extended plugin) MyShelves, Series would put things in the right collection, organized by series if available. instead, it made a collection for every series, which I did not want. Further, it made a series for EVERY single title, thus a collection for each title.

Needless to say, this was quite worthless. I changed the line to say "MyShelves" only but it still made a collection for every title. I tried deleting all the extraneous collections but am left with only a few of the ones I actually set up, and only a few books sorted into them. I have put every single book into one collection or another based on genre so I don't see why they are not remaining that way once synced to the Kobo. I have it set as Automatic Metadata Management.

I really don't have a deep understanding of a lot of this, have just tried to follow the steps in order. Thanks for any help.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 02:44 PM   #572
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
Using most recent version of Calibre, current plugins and Kobo firmware 4.33.19759

I had previously set up collections more than a year ago but recently had a big problem with many titles in Calibre no longer having book files attached to them, and had to re-import and convert a lot of books. Following the directions in the wiki, I had originally set up a new column called My Shelves with about 10 genre that I wanted to use for collections. (my tags have these plus some subgenre or extra info so I don't use tags for collections). I thought that listing (in the Collections, Covers and Uploads section of the Kobo Touch Extended plugin) MyShelves, Series would put things in the right collection, organized by series if available. instead, it made a collection for every series, which I did not want. Further, it made a series for EVERY single title, thus a collection for each title.

Needless to say, this was quite worthless. I changed the line to say "MyShelves" only but it still made a collection for every title. I tried deleting all the extraneous collections but am left with only a few of the ones I actually set up, and only a few books sorted into them. I have put every single book into one collection or another based on genre so I don't see why they are not remaining that way once synced to the Kobo. I have it set as Automatic Metadata Management.

I really don't have a deep understanding of a lot of this, have just tried to follow the steps in order. Thanks for any help.
What is the lookup name of the column? Do you use the KoboTouchExtended driver or do you use the KoboTouch driver?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #573
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

It's "MyShelves" yes, very original ha ha. And I'm using the koboextendedtouch driver.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:03 PM   #574
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
It's "MyShelves" yes, very original ha ha. And I'm using the koboextendedtouch driver.
Is the lookup name #myshelves?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:12 PM   #575
catsknit
Addict

I'm sorry, what exactly is the lookup name referring to? The new column I made is called MyShelves, and in the Kobotouchextended plugin under Collections, Covers and Uploads, under Collections it says Collection Columns and I have put #MyShelves. Is there another place I need to fix that?

Also, after I verified that I'm using the Extended plugin, I realized I also had the regular Kobo plugin active. I disabled it but still have the same issues with collections.

Thank you for trying to help me.

Ah, OK, now i see on the lefthand side it says the lookup/search name is #shelves. So do I fix the Koboextendedtouch driver to say #shelves even though the column name is MyShelves?

Last edited by catsknit; 09-11-2022 at 09:11 PM. Reason: more info
Advert
Old 09-12-2022, 10:33 AM   #576
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Yes!
I know it's seems odd. My visible collection column is Collections (Was Hazel) on the main GUI but #koboshelves in the driver and "Add your own Columns". I had different columns for different devices.

My Sony PRS-350 driver was using Tags column to create its "collections", by default, but I figured how to use Collections/#koboshelves for it too.

Connect the Ereader
Click the V arrow on Device and then Configure Driver
2nd tab is Collections. covers & Uploads.

No need to disable Kobo Drivers.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-12-2022 at 10:35 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:50 PM   #577
catsknit
Addict

Yes! It worked! Thank you for being patient and understanding with me; I know enough to be dangerous but so much of what is said on these forums is way over my head.