Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Post Henty, G.A.: In Freedom's Cause v1 19 jan 2009

Freedom's Cause has a brilliant plot and a fictional character as the protaganist. He starts off as a teen and then grows up through the time of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. The fictional protagonist interacts with historical characters from that period of Scottish History. The story is full of adventure, friendship, loyalty, honor, heroics, and history. Good values are presented. This book is great for anyone looking for something on Scottish history and which also is an outstanding novel.

This book is as excellent or better then any Nigel Tranter book I have read, like The Wallace and The Bruce Trilogy.

The accuracy of the historical period is superb and I have read much on this area of Scottish history. The persons discussed, the geography talked about, and the timeline presented is very accurate.

I highly recommend this and can't wait to read another Henty. (Scott McKenzie)

I love this book and recommend it to anyone interested in history.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc In Freedom's Cause - Henty_ G.A..prc (432.6 KB, 1403 views)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
Rabhaw
Rabhaw began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have just downloaded this and having read most of the tranter books many years ago am really looking forward to it,thank you very much
Rabhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2018, 02:44 AM   #3
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
The Henty books were originally aimed at the teen or young adult market and I read many of them as a 12 to 15 or 16 year old as my Grandfather picked them up in used book stores in the mid to late 1950s. Amazon has a couple of large collections of His books available very inexpensively. Henty was a British writer and many of his stories took place in the colonies and were written very much from the British view of their empire.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I just took a look and many of the Henty books are available for download here in Epub, Mobi and BBeB (LRF) formats. Also many of the H Rider Haggard books in ebook form, also excellent late Victorian adventures written from a British point of view.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote