Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #2821
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
1. Yes, in KSM.
2. This is a setting in KOReader, version 2015.11-1152 has a number of new menu options, including a new "Start with:" option that gives you a page with three options:

Start with file browser

Start with history

Start with last file

You would select the last one, and it would get a checkmark. Then the Start with menu option will be "Start with: last file >"

3. There is a "KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START" "Advanced setting" but you may want to open: /.adds/koreader/defaults.lua (using Notepad++) where there are green comments that explain the available settings.

-- Light parameter for Kobo
KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START = -2 -- -1, -2 or 0-100. -1 leaves light as it
-- is, -2 uses 'Kobo eReader.conf', other
-- sets light on start/wake up

KOBO_SYNC_BRIGHTNESS_WITH_NICKEL = true -- Save brightness set in KOreader
-- with nickel's 'Kobo eReader.conf'

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #2822
Name28
Enthusiast
Name28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo_glo, Kobo_glo_HD
Ken Maltby, thank you very much! Finally DONE! I did not notice some of these options, my bad

Last edited by Name28; 08-27-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Name28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2017, 02:42 AM   #2823
Name28
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
3. There is a "KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START" "Advanced setting" but you may want to open: /.adds/koreader/defaults.lua (using Notepad++) where there are green comments that explain the available settings.

KOBO_SYNC_BRIGHTNESS_WITH_NICKEL = true -- Save brightness set in KOreader
-- with nickel's 'Kobo eReader.conf'

Luck;
Ken
I set KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START to 49. Frontlight works, but after sleep mode (through sliding) frontlight turns off. Could you help?
Old 08-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #2824
Alanon
Connoisseur
Alanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I did a quick basic test and (un?)fortunately I couldn't find any trouble (link). I'm not really sure where to start looking for answers. Maybe something about how a particular OS deals with the FAT32 filesystem?
Done some further testing. I've tried some Russian EPUB's, rtf's and pdf's and they all work as they should. The problem is in the DjVu files, though I'm not sure why that would make a difference?

The DjVu's files suffer no abnormalities whatsoever, anything except pure Latin script will make them unreadable and crash KOReader. That means rare punctuation, Cyrillic letters, expanded Latin letters (like ž, š, etc), perhaps more. Once I rename them, on the PC or internally, they instantly become readable.

Hope this info helps!
Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:07 AM   #2825
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name28 View Post
I set KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START to 49. Frontlight works, but after sleep mode (through sliding) frontlight turns off. Could you help?
You could try turning on the "Frontlight gesture controller" and using the tap at the bottom left of the screen to turn the light on and off.

Luck;
Ken
Advert
Old 08-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #2826
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanon View Post
Done some further testing. I've tried some Russian EPUB's, rtf's and pdf's and they all work as they should. The problem is in the DjVu files, though I'm not sure why that would make a difference?

The DjVu's files suffer no abnormalities whatsoever, anything except pure Latin script will make them unreadable and crash KOReader. That means rare punctuation, Cyrillic letters, expanded Latin letters (like ž, š, etc), perhaps more. Once I rename them, on the PC or internally, they instantly become readable.

Hope this info helps!
Possibly, there is https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/542 and I've been able to reproduce the crash. Now the only problem is that I know next to nothing about djvulibre.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:40 AM   #2827
Name28
Enthusiast

Quote:
You could try turning on the "Frontlight gesture controller" and using the tap at the bottom left of the screen to turn the light on and off.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks. But is there some way to make it work as it should? It does not make sense if I manually turn on the frontlight each time... Is there any FAQ here?
Frankly speaking, I had no problem (almost) with an old version (2years old). The only reason why I have upgraded, was that Koreader crashed every time I tried to open one book (Ulysses). Otherwise it was perfect. I am not complaining, but the old version was easier to set up, I did not except that it would take me several days, till I make the latest version work as the old one used to.... Sorry.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:50 AM   #2828
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I'm on version 1152 and if I suspend/sleep the device, with the light on, it will, of course go off while it is sleeping but it will turn back on as it returns from the suspend. I take it that is not how it is working for you?

If you mean that you think that the light should come on automatically when it starts, even if it was not on before, then many would not see that as "working as it should", there is always a concern for power consumption with battery powered devices.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #2829
Name28
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm on version 1152 and if I suspend/sleep the device, with the light on, it will, of course go off while it is sleeping but it will turn back on as it returns from the suspend. I take it that is not how it is working for you?

Luck;
Ken
It will not turn back on as it returns from the suspend. This is the problem. When I power off the device, with the light on (actually when I read the book I never turn the light off), it will turn back on as I open Koreader. If I suspend, with the light on, it will not turn back on as it returns from suspend.
In short, If device is on, I need the frontlight to be turned on. Always. I think I made it clear.
On the old version I did not have such problem.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #2830
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Name28 It should work the way you like if you set the following in persistent.defaults.lua
Code:
KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START=49
Thanks to poire-z for the hint as I don't really use the frontlight https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-325771657
Old 08-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #2831
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name28 View Post
When I power off the device, with the light on (actually when I read the book I never turn the light off), it will turn back on as I open Koreader. If I suspend, with the light on, it will not turn back on as it returns from suspend.
This is very strange, as koreader works totally opposite for me from what you describe. Like we use two different piece of software. Or, maybe it is something in settings (the most probable thing).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #2832
Name28
Enthusiast

Quote:
@Name28 It should work the way you like if you set the following in persistent.defaults.lua
Code:
KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START=49
Thanks to poire-z for the hint as I don't really use the frontlight https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-325771657
Thanks, but it seems the same parametr as this one:
Quote:

When I opened "persistent" one, it was already written KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START=49. Anyway, both in "defaults" and "persistent" I set 49. Problem remains. Any other ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
This is very strange, as koreader works totally opposite for me from what you describe. Like we use two different piece of software. Or, maybe it is something in settings (the most probable thing).
I downloaded from official link. I also think, that it is setting problem, but could not find solution yet.

Last edited by Name28; 08-29-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:32 AM   #2833
Frenzie
Wizard

Sorry, I misunderstood and transmitted the message exactly the wrong way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poire-z
if you unset the following KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START=49 and use the default KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START=-2 , and keep KOBO_SYNC_BRIGHTNESS_WITH_NICKEL = true

Last edited by Frenzie; 08-30-2017 at 02:33 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-30-2017, 06:10 AM   #2834
Name28
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sorry, I misunderstood and transmitted the message exactly the wrong way around.
Thank you so much! It works, finally!
Old 09-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #2835
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Yesterday I downloaded koreader-nightly-20170821, and if anyone is interested I might have found a small and insignificant bug.

I wanted to start my E-reader with History page in "Mosaic with cover images"-mode, so I changed the settings accordingly.
But it didn't work, every time KOReader changed the settings and started with last opened file instead.
Then I tried with the other History display alternatives, with better results. Now the History page started as it should. Then I went back to Mosaic mode again and it also worked.
So you might have to use the other display alternatives first to get "Start with: History" to stick.

That's all.

Last edited by gerhaher; 09-13-2017 at 10:27 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote