Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 01:59 AM   #1
mrhieu059
mrhieu059 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How can I alignment to left?

I used calibre to covert mobi for kobo but when i open book in kobo it is alignment to right, and have a space on the left, so how can i alignment to left?
And why i dont cover with calibre just copy raw ebook.mobi to the kobo and koreader do not make a big tittle of each chapter?
Please help me.

Last edited by mrhieu059; 04-11-2018 at 02:06 AM.
mrhieu059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2018, 03:47 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhieu059 View Post
I used calibre to covert mobi for kobo but when i open book in kobo it is alignment to right, and have a space on the left, so how can i alignment to left?
That looks like the left margin has been set to something big. In the conversion options, go to the "Page setup" page. The "Margins" can be set there. Either the MOBI has large margins and this page has "Unchanged" set, or you have a value set in the "Left" field. Either set back to "Unchanged", or set it to 0.
Quote:
And why i dont cover with calibre just copy raw ebook.mobi to the kobo and koreader do not make a big tittle of each chapter?
Sorry, not sure what you mean here. I don't know what you mean by "i dont cover" and "do not make a big tittle of each chapter".

If what you means is why doesn't calibre send the MOBI file to the Kobo device, it is because it is not a default choice to do so. The Kobo devices can display MOBI files, but how well depends on the book. It is usually better to convert to ePub. If you want to send the MOBI to the device, open the KoboTouch driver configuration (or KoboTouchExtended driver if you use that) and select "mobi" in the list of formats on the first page of the options.

For the "big tittle of each chapter", I can only guess you mean the chapter titles aren't shown in a larger font or something. If they are in the MOBI, then it is probably a conversion option removing the formatting. Other than that, I'm not sure and would need a better explanation of what you mean.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
mrhieu059

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That looks like the left margin has been set to something big. In the conversion options, go to the "Page setup" page. The "Margins" can be set there. Either the MOBI has large margins and this page has "Unchanged" set, or you have a value set in the "Left" field. Either set back to "Unchanged", or set it to 0.

Sorry, not sure what you mean here. I don't know what you mean by "i dont cover" and "do not make a big tittle of each chapter".

If what you means is why doesn't calibre send the MOBI file to the Kobo device, it is because it is not a default choice to do so. The Kobo devices can display MOBI files, but how well depends on the book. It is usually better to convert to ePub. If you want to send the MOBI to the device, open the KoboTouch driver configuration (or KoboTouchExtended driver if you use that) and select "mobi" in the list of formats on the first page of the options.

For the "big tittle of each chapter", I can only guess you mean the chapter titles aren't shown in a larger font or something. If they are in the MOBI, then it is probably a conversion option removing the formatting. Other than that, I'm not sure and would need a better explanation of what you mean.
My mistake, my english not clearly. It mean I downloaded an mobi ebook from internet then I just direct copy it to my memory sd card without calibre. It working well with an margin at left (what I want) but it do not have a heading for each chapter (just small letter like these paragraph). So if I do not use Calibre to import book, it do not make an heading (title each chapter) at all?
Thank for your help and addtion answer, it is helpful with me.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhieu059 View Post
My mistake, my english not clearly. It mean I downloaded an mobi ebook from internet then I just direct copy it to my memory sd card without calibre. It working well with an margin at left (what I want) but it do not have a heading for each chapter (just small letter like these paragraph). So if I do not use Calibre to import book, it do not make an heading (title each chapter) at all?
Thank for your help and addtion answer, it is helpful with me.
The device should be displaying the book how the creator of the book intended it. If there is a large-bold chapter heading displayed when you are reading the book, then it probably means that there isn't large-bold chapter heading defined in the book. But, it is also possibly a reason to convert as maybe the MOBI reader on the Kobo doesn't handle this properly. But, I know I have seen large-bold chapter headings in MOBI books.

If you get the large-bold chapter headings after a conversions, it might be an artefact of the conversion. There are options in the conversion to find chapters for the ToC and to split the internal files, but I don't remember if it will change their styles.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
mrhieu059

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The device should be displaying the book how the creator of the book intended it. If there is a large-bold chapter heading displayed when you are reading the book, then it probably means that there isn't large-bold chapter heading defined in the book. But, it is also possibly a reason to convert as maybe the MOBI reader on the Kobo doesn't handle this properly. But, I know I have seen large-bold chapter headings in MOBI books.

If you get the large-bold chapter headings after a conversions, it might be an artefact of the conversion. There are options in the conversion to find chapters for the ToC and to split the internal files, but I don't remember if it will change their styles.
That's correctly it now style for raw mobi but when it imported by Calibre (same book) it have a style well.
Afternoon I will try that way you told me to make a margin to left. And afternoon I will try something you told and try a raw epub, then I will tell you the result, thank for helping me.