Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2022, 06:18 PM   #1
robertofgama
robertofgama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PapperWhite
Doubts of a Newbie Jailbreaker

Hello i recently made the jailbreak in my two kindles PW3 (G090G1 FW 5.13.7) and KT4 (G0910L / FW 5.14.2) with the tutorial of @katadelos (THANK YOU SO MUCH) , and i excitedly entered in the world of mods for kindle, i read a lot in this forum, but I continued with some doubts:

1. How can i make sure that jailbreak worked? There is some test than i can do?

2. Considering my kindle is jailbreaked correctly, can i do a factory reset or i will lost my jailbreak?

3. Can i connect normally in the internet? (before the procedure i keeps my kindle in airplane mode to avoid atualizations).

4. Can i do the attualizations OTA normally or i will lost my jailbreak? There is a right way to do the atualizations?

5. For the mods of the jailbreak i neet to start installing the KUAL or MR Package? This daubth occurs because when i was installing KUAL i read that in my devices i need to install MR first, but th MR is a extension of KUAL.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help, i read a lot on forum before make this topic.
robertofgama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:37 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
0. What is attualization?

2. Do not do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary. To recover from reset, re-read about hotfix and re-install MR Package Install (MRPI), KUAL, and KUAL extensions.

3. Install and run renameotabin KUAL extension to protect against OTA updates.

5. MRPI is installed first, see instructions. It is somewhat confusing in concept,
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2022, 06:56 AM   #3
robertofgama
robertofgama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PapperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
0. What is attualization?

2. Do not do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary. To recover from reset, re-read about hotfix and re-install MR Package Install (MRPI), KUAL, and KUAL extensions.

3. Install and run renameotabin KUAL extension to protect against OTA updates.

5. MRPI is installed first, see instructions. It is somewhat confusing in concept,
Thanks for your answers, and "attualizations" was a fault of my english, i wanted to write updates
robertofgama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:52 AM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofgama View Post
Thanks for your answers, and "attualizations" was a fault of my english, i wanted to write updates
OK, English is hard even for native English speakers.

To answer your first question, if you can install MRPI and KUAL and KUAL is visible in your books, then the jailbreak worked.

To answer your fourth question, you should do updates by downloading the firmware and installing it yourself. But be very sure that you want the update. Also, you have to re-install everything after each update.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote