Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
James Bowker: Goblin Tales of Lancashire . V 1.1 May 2019

An 1878 book retelling various tales of the supernatural related to Lancashire.

I have been unable to locate the Author or Illustrator's dates of death, but given the age of the publication expect these would be well before 1948.

BobC
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Goblin Tales of Lancashire - James Bowker.epub (226.6 KB, 576 views)

Last edited by BobC; 05-20-2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Updated attachment
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
In the table of contents, CONTENTS.html, the first one, I. THE SKRIKER, is not indented, while the rest are. Maybe use class="noindent" on all of the toc p tags?

Edit: Other things I noticed. In the toc the commas after the chapter/section titles strike me as out of place. In the body of the book some of the chapter/section titles have a period at the end while others dont. Chapter 1's title is misspelled (The). There are spaces where there shouldn't be, e.g., "that 's all" and spaces before ? and other punctuation.

Last edited by lumpynose; 05-19-2019 at 03:31 PM.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
In the table of contents, CONTENTS.html, the first one, I. THE SKRIKER, is not indented, while the rest are. Maybe use class="noindent" on all of the toc p tags?
Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Edit: Other things I noticed. In the toc the commas after the chapter/section titles strike me as out of place. In the body of the book some of the chapter/section titles have a period at the end while others dont. Chapter 1's title is misspelled (The). There are spaces where there shouldn't be, e.g., "that 's all" and spaces before ? and other punctuation.
In the original book the contents page has a comma following each chapter name, this is then followed by a number of periods leading to the page number. I have redacted the page numbers as being pointless in an e-book but an occasional period has been missed.

The "mis-spelling" of chapter 1's title reflects the original where on the contents page it uses the word THE but the actual chapter uses TH' which is what is reflected in the navigable TOC. The OCR is riddled with unnecessary spaces every opening speech mark acquired a following space which needed removing. I have no doubt there will be wierdo's in the sections of dialect. I wasn't aiming at absolute perfection, just making a book I was happy to read.

I thought I had cleared up all the spaces before punctuation, but it looks like I missed the ones before the ?

Thanks for the observations though.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Yeah, I'm working on a book from archive.org that was OCR'd from a pdf and they can be ugly. So far mine isn't so bad.

Maybe look for the errant spaces using search and replace?

If I were doing it I'd fix the chapter names in the body of the book, then make the toc match them exactly. I don't know what calibre's editor does but I'm using sigil and it can generate an html toc for you using the content of the h? tags.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote