Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 03:11 PM   #76
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aborel View Post
2013 (I think) - Kobo Aura

I don't see any reason to change at the moment.

best wishes koboy
koboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:44 PM   #77
k_men
k_men doesn't litterk_men doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle PW4, Kindle PW2, Kindle 5NT
2014: Kindle Paperwhite 3
2018: Kobo Clara HD
2019: Kindle Paperwhite 4
2019: Kobo Libra H2O
2019: Kindle 5NT (inherited my Dad's old ereader).
2022: Kobo Libra 2

All of the above models work, and are still in frequent use. All of them are running KOReader.

As of 2022, all I can say is that I won't be buying any more Amazon ereaders of any kind. Too much hassle to jailbreak, no obvious advantages.

The day the Kobo Clara HD is discontinued, I'll be buying a second one, to keep as a spare. It is by far my favourite 6-incher.

And my favourite ereader overall, which I spend the most time with, is the Kobo Libra line.
k_men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:47 AM   #78
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by aborel View Post
2013 (I think) - Kobo Aura

I don't see any reason to change at the moment.
Only reason I'm not still using my Aura is because the USB port became fiddly. I could still charge it, but it stopped letting me transfer books to it.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:57 AM   #79
Vetchy
Enthusiast
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Only 2:
Sony PRS-505 from 2008 to 2017
Kobo Aura One - since 2017 to now
And I'm absolutely happy with my A1 reader, I haven't any reason to change it and think so change it only when colour e-ink has good colour space, brightness and contrast.
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:23 AM   #80
Deobulakenyo
Fanatic
Deobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
2021: Kindle PPW4 (sold for Likebook P78 which got sold yesterday)
2021: Libra H20 (sold for the Libra 2)
2021: Libra 2 (a bit buggy so conatcted customer support and i got sent a replacement a couple of weeks ago)

Waiting for a new Clara (hopefully with E-Ink Carta 1200) that i can shoot in my pocket and bring anywhere and everywhere.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:32 PM   #81
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Waiting for a new Clara (hopefully with E-Ink Carta 1200) that i can shoot in my pocket and bring anywhere and everywhere.
I hope the next Clara is waterproof and has 32GB storage (Carta 1200 would ne nice as well).

I know waterproofing is dismissed all the time, but I'm getting ready to go visit my brother in Seattle and go on a long boat trip. I'm trying to decide if I should take my Clara (which has far more books and amber lighting) or my 2015 Glowlight Plus (which has fewer books due to a smaller hard drive, but is waterproof).

I'm happy with a 6" screen, but the Libra is tempting since it has all my wants and a 6" device that appeals to me hasn't yet come along.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-21-2022 at 12:34 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 04:50 PM   #82
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Since 2008, I have had:

Sony PRS 505
Sony PRS 650
Sony PRS T1
Kindle Keyboard WIFI
Kindle Keyboard 3G
Kindle Paperwhite 1
Kindle Paperwhite 2
Kindle Voyage (returned after one day)
Kobo Aura (returned defective)
Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Aura One (current backup reader)
Kindle Paperwhite 4
Kobo Libra 2 (current reader)
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:55 AM   #83
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
2016-Kindle-6 inch
2018-Likebook Mars -7.8inch
2021-Likebook P10W-10inch
2022-Likebook P78p-7.8inch

I prefer android open system +stylus now...
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote