Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-07-2022, 06:24 AM   #1
chongjasmine
Connoisseur
chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Cozy mysteries recommendations!

I like cozy mysteries which involve food or craft like knitting/sewing/Arts etc.
Also, like them with characters that are book-lovers/bookshop keeper/Food shop owner etc. Prefer without supernatural/paranormal.
Any recommendations?
chongjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:03 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
I like cozy mysteries which involve food or craft like knitting/sewing/Arts etc.
Also, like them with characters that are book-lovers/bookshop keeper/Food shop owner etc. Prefer without supernatural/paranormal.
Any recommendations?
It might be helpful if you'd list some of those you liked, or series you've read, to oil the wheels.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #3
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
I don't know anything about them. These were free yesterday, back to $1.99 now, but for 10 complete books not bad I guess. Good luck in your quest.

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Mix-My...t%2C100&sr=1-5
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:33 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
*crashes through wall* Did someone say cozy mysteries?

The Cat in the Stacks Mystery series. #4 was the very first cozy I read.

Aside from that, I went through the read + rated section of my Calibre library and picked out a few series beginners that I think you might enjoy based on subject matter. All my star ratings are out of 5.

Kneaded to Death (Bread Shop Mystery) - My rating: 4 stars.

Christmas Cow Bells (Buttermilk Creek Mystery) My rating: 3.5 stars.

The Chocolate Cat Caper (Chocoholic Mystery) My rating: 3.5 stars.

By Book or By Crook (Lighthouse Library Mystery) My rating: 3 stars.

Trouble on the Books (Castle Bookshop Mystery) My rating: 2.5 stars.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-07-2022 at 02:17 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:12 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Some authors to consider: Monica Ferris, Joanne Fluke, Cleo Coyle, Laura Childs, Miranda James, and Kate Carlisle.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:09 PM   #6
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Heron Carvic's Miss Seeton Novels. The 5 written by him not the others ghost written by others after his death. Miss Seeton is a retired art teacher if that counts counts as "arts".
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 11:25 AM   #7
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Lynn Florkiewicz’s ‘Lord James Harrington‘ series. It takes place in a cozy English hamlet, so it’s not terribly original, but it’s fun.

Last edited by Victoria; 02-21-2022 at 11:29 AM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:07 PM   #8
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Kerry Greenwood's Corinna Chapman series, a baker turned reluctant investigator in modern day Melbourne; she also wrote the historic Melbourne (1920s) series featuring Phryne Fisher, made into a TV series.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:05 PM   #9
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Just read this one:

The Perplexing Theft of the Jewel in the Crown
by Vaseem Khan

Very cozy AKA no murder.

It’s obviously influenced by The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, but I think is better.

While almost wholly realistic, there is the device of a semi-magical pet baby elephant who lets you see aspects of life in India that are disturbing, and makes them bearable when the elephant fixes them in ways, alas, impossible in strict reality.

On a 1-10 coziness scale, I give it 15.

P.S. The detective owns a restaurant — lots of good food.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 05-04-2022 at 10:07 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote