Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-07-2021, 05:32 AM   #1
ShowBack
ShowBack began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3
Pocketbook 740 InkPad 3 unresponsive

Hello, few weeks ago I bought an InkPad 3 and I have been loving it so far. However today while I was reading the reader suddenly froze, the Frontlight turned off after few seconds and since then I'm unable to power it on or basically do anything with it. The battery was at 90% 5 minutes before it froze and charging it does nothing. When I connect it to PC it does not detect it. I tried resetting it by holding the power button for 10 seconds but obviously nothing happened. The reader itself is in perfect condition (basically new), no physical damage has been done to it. My guess is that motherboard died since it's completely unresponsive and the battery seemed to work fine, but I'm no expert.

So if anyone had similar problem and fixed it or if someone has clue to what is wrong please let me know.
ShowBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:21 AM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I would also guess the motherboard. I've never heard of such a complete shutdown before. The only thing you can do is contact customer service and have it replaced or repaired.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2021, 04:55 AM   #3
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
About 5% Pocketbook devices have some kind of hardware problem. Dont get me wrong, I own Inkpad 3, it is great reading device, just I think quality control is very bad...
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #4
ShowBack
ShowBack began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3
Yeah I'm having it replaced. I hope the new one will survive for much longer.
ShowBack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, fix, inkpad 3, repair, unresponsive