Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #41461
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Sitting in a hospital room with mom. Waiting to see if she has had another stroke.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #41462
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Sitting in a hospital room with mom. Waiting to see if she has had another stroke.
I'm sorry to hear that. Wishes for the best-possible outcome.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:50 PM   #41463
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Wishes for the best-possible outcome.

Hitch
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:04 AM   #41464
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've decided to take the bus home today. It's -8C, but because it's windy it feels like -17C. On the way back I might just walk, if it isn't too cold. I don't think it'll be very busy today, and I've already finished my chores for this week, so hopefully I can get some reading in at the store this morning.

I have to run some errands for my mother later this morning and I've decided to go by Lush and buy some bath bombs and/or oils.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:06 AM   #41465
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

RIGHT now?

It's 1:05 in the morning, and I'm sitting here, waiting for a video to render and complete uploading to Vimeo. WHY, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked-because I have a client that is insisting that our MOBI file is corrupt, and that we've done something wrong, because, she keeps getting an error message telling her that she cannot upload a reflowable ebook over a fixed-layout ebook. I've explained, 3x now, to her, that the problem is exactly what it says; she hired us because she made a DIY eBook, using Amazon's tools, that didn't work. I mean, yeah, it looked "perfect" but it was FXL, so nobody could read it.

So...we made her a nice reflowable eBook, which solved the problem. But she refuses to believe that the problem is what Amazon is bloody telling her! Even though I told her I've seen two dozen posters, at the KDP forums, with the same problem, (and in the reverse, mind you) for the same reasons.

URUGHGHGHG. One o'clock in the damn morning, and I'm making videos for clients. I want to scream.

Hitch
Old 03-01-2018, 03:26 PM   #41466
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I treated myself to a new thermal mug today. One by DrinkPod. I have my 1 liter Stanley thermal bottle and I have a Contigo travel mug. I like the Contigo because it's good for when I only work half the day, then I don't need a liter. But I don't like the mechanism to drink through, IMHO you can't clean that properly. So now I got the DrinkPod, which is a miniature bottle of 350ml. As a bonus it also fits in the side pockets of my most used backpack. I'm going to test it tomorrow morning.

But now I have to walk the dog. She's been trying to let me know she thinks it's time for her walk. First subtly, by sitting by the door. She just gave me a not so subtle hint by walking by and farting (she can do that on command I suspect, when she farts it doesn't mean she needs to poop I've found).
Old 03-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #41467
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm sitting on my sofa snuggled underneath a soft blanket with my cats cuddled up beside me, apart from one who is sitting in the window looking out at the snow; I think she believes the apocalypse has come and turned the world white and cold!
We're hiding from the sub-zero temperatures; the central heating is turned up and I have a fan heater breathing warm air over my feet. In a moment I'm going to begin reading the last part of a book on my kindle and forget about this horrid blast of cold which has blown over from Russia.
Looking forward to finding out whodidit, and to all the mugs of hot chocolate I'll be drinking in the process.
Best wishes from ice-cold UK.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #41468
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I shiver whenever somebody mentions sub-zero temperature ..... but then I remember that you are speaking Celcius. "Sub-zero" to me (farenheit) means sub -18C to you. We had several weeks of that already, so now it feels warm enough unless it gets below -10C (15F). Our winter temperatures are normally between 20F and 40F (-7C to +5C) so we have coats and hats to account for it. It all depends on what you have had to adjust to, and dress for!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #41469
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
However, facebook posts from my cousins tell me that the UK is indeed having unusual amounts of snow. Take care, over there!

Right now, I'm pondering the fact that January had 2 full moons, and apparently March will also. But poor February got shafted, and had NO full moon at all!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #41470
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Thanks for the well wishes all! Mom did not have a second stroke (she suffered a massive one in November of '16). Rather she is having a lot of BP trouble that presented like a stroke because it impaired her speech. We got her home yesterday!

Right now I am recovering from a monster row - 10k in under an hour - with some homemade gatorade.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #41471
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes all! Mom did not have a second stroke (she suffered a massive one in November of '16). Rather she is having a lot of BP trouble that presented like a stroke because it impaired her speech. We got her home yesterday!

Right now I am recovering from a monster row - 10k in under an hour - with some homemade gatorade.
Good to hear it wasn't a stroke. I hope she feels better quickly.

I'm about to go have a bath, with a bath oil thing from Lush. With the cold and dry weather I have been using shower oil for the past week and it has not only kept my skin hydrated, I've also not have any static electricity problems. Normally with this type of weather I feel like a walking lightning generator, especially in the store with all the metal things. Hopefully the bath oil works equally well. I'm going to put on Classic FM and start a new book. Then off to bed to listen to a podcast before going to sleep. A nice way to spend a Saturday night IMHO.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #41472
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:

Oh, WELL DONE, you! Man, you're going to be chugging that Gatorade, for that kind of speed/distance.

Hitch
Old 03-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #41473
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am stuffing my face with chocolate eggs. The ones with the candy shell like the m&m
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:06 AM   #41474
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've just mopped half of the floor downstairs. I'm now waiting for it to dry so I can move things around and mop the other half. I've already made Pico de Gallo, for tonight when my sister is coming over and we're making taco's and probably watch a film.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #41475
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I've just mopped half of the floor downstairs. I'm now waiting for it to dry so I can move things around and mop the other half. I've already made Pico de Gallo, for tonight when my sister is coming over and we're making taco's and probably watch a film.
Tacos, yummmm...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?