Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 07:06 PM   #41446
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
May I join you in the 12 step program?

Currently I have on hand: a set of 8 fineliners from the department store Hema (currently my main writing set), a set of 24 Staedler fineliners, a set of 12 Gelly Roll glitter pens, a set of 48 gel pens from AliExpress, a set of 24 fineliner pens and a set of 6 Frixion pens. Then I have a bunch of gel pens that I bought separately. Last night I caught myself looking at a set of 100 gel pens on Ali. It's getting ridiculous.
(I have a 24-pack of Zebra #2 mechanica pencils hidden away inside an old purse, in my side of the closet, !!!)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:03 AM   #41447
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
(I have a 24-pack of Zebra #2 mechanica pencils hidden away inside an old purse, in my side of the closet, !!!)

Hitch
Lol, I don't have to hide my supplies. Everyone knows not to touch me art/craft/planner supplies without permission. I bought my father a cheapo fineliner set, since he was eyeing my Staedler set. He now uses it in the store when drawing diagrams for customers (to indicate the various colours of cables).
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #41448
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Lol, I don't have to hide my supplies. Everyone knows not to touch me art/craft/planner supplies without permission. I bought my father a cheapo fineliner set, since he was eyeing my Staedler set. He now uses it in the store when drawing diagrams for customers (to indicate the various colours of cables).
I have a husband. QED. Y'know that whole, "what's mine is yours, and what's yours is mine," thing? Ummmmmhmmmmm....

Hitch
Old 02-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #41449
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
I have a husband. QED. Y'know that whole, "what's mine is yours, and what's yours is mine," thing? Ummmmmhmmmmm....

Hitch
Re: borrowed sewing scissors (they get dull if you use them on paper). I've saved a facebook pic for at least 5 years now. Solution for borrowed scissors: put a padlock through both handle loops!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SewingScissors.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	162481  
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #41450
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Re: borrowed sewing scissors (they get dull if you use them on paper). I've saved a facebook pic for at least 5 years now. Solution for borrowed scissors: put a padlock through both handle loops!
Snort, that's hilarious. I was expecting to see the handles sticking up from the back of a corpse! ;-)

Hitch
Old 02-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #41451
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Getting ready to go see the film adaptation of Jeff VanderMeer's Annihilation.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #41452
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's the first night since Tuesday that I feel human. On Tuesday I got another cold and it was fast but furious. By 9pm I couldn't do more than sit and watch tv for a couple of hours before falling asleep.

I did little reading during those days. Luckily it's weekend now and I've got Tuesday off, so that's an extra day of reading.

I'm now preparing for a nice evening. My tea is steeping, I've treated myself to (pre-cut) baguette and aioli. I'm first going to watch a couple of episodes from the second season of The Crown and then I'm going to read for a couple of hours.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:25 AM   #41453
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Preparing and packing for my week of house sitting. My friends leave very early on Tuesday, so my father's going to drop off my stuff tomorrow and I'll cycle over on Tuesday morning. I had to decide what to pack and what I'll take on my bike.

I'm now waiting for my laundry to finish washing, so I can transfer it to the dryer. Meanwhile I'm looking at what I might want to read next week.

I've packed warm clothing, since it will be cold. On Thursday morning, around the time I'm cycling back home to work, it's predicted to be -7C but it'll feel like -15C. I'm not sure if I'm going to cycle, which feels colder but is quicker, or whether I'm going to walk, less cold but a longer trip.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #41454
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Preparing and packing for my week of house sitting. My friends leave very early on Tuesday, so my father's going to drop off my stuff tomorrow and I'll cycle over on Tuesday morning. I had to decide what to pack and what I'll take on my bike.

I'm now waiting for my laundry to finish washing, so I can transfer it to the dryer. Meanwhile I'm looking at what I might want to read next week.

I've packed warm clothing, since it will be cold. On Thursday morning, around the time I'm cycling back home to work, it's predicted to be -7C but it'll feel like -15C. I'm not sure if I'm going to cycle, which feels colder but is quicker, or whether I'm going to walk, less cold but a longer trip.
House sitting, eh? Don't forget to pack a shovel in case it snows

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:05 AM   #41455
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm at my friends' place. When I was almost there I remembered my wallet was still in my other backpack. So I dropped off my stuff, gave the dog a cuddle and cycled back home to get the wallet. Although it is freezing it wasn't too bad a cycle trip.

I've walked the dog, unpacked my stuff and I'm now waiting for the supermarket to deliver my groceries some time during the next three hours. When I've unpacked those I might have a nice long bath.

But first a cup of tea.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:21 AM   #41456
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

I'm fighting my usual insomnia (sigh), and fast-forwarding through Olympic recordings. I'm cursing NBC, which thought that moving events around, willy-nilly, to their various and sundry channels, was just DUCKY, so I'm getting about 5% of what I would have liked to see. I tried to find on demand/streaming coverage, but...it's a black hole. P*ssing me right off.

Hitch
Old 02-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #41457
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm fighting my usual insomnia (sigh), and fast-forwarding through Olympic recordings. I'm cursing NBC, which thought that moving events around, willy-nilly, to their various and sundry channels, was just DUCKY, so I'm getting about 5% of what I would have liked to see. I tried to find on demand/streaming coverage, but...it's a black hole. P*ssing me right off.

Hitch
Try this from Slate.com:

1. Navigate to NBCOlympics.com. Feel free to click on that link or type it in manually—I’m here to offer advice, not tell you what to do. Are you there? Congratulations! You’ve already accomplished something today and can feel good about yourself and your life choices. Now, pop the cork on that celebratory bottle of Dom Perignon and get ready for Step 2.

2. Click “Results” at the top of the page. Right at the top, you’ll see a menu that begins with the word “Schedule” and ends with the word “Athletes.” Right in the middle of that menu is the word “Results,” as in “it means he gets results, you stupid chief!” See it? Good. Click it. (To skip the first two steps in the future, you can bookmark http://results.nbcolympics.com/results.
You’re already two steps ahead!)

3. Scroll down to where it says “Filter By,” click “Sport,” and choose the sport you want to watch. This is a critical albeit relatively tricky step. But don’t worry, you’ve got it under control! Keep on scrolling until you see a blue table. At the top of the table, in dark blue, you’ll see today’s date. (Unless you are a character in the television show Early Edition, in which case you will see tomorrow’s date.) Immediately underneath the date, you’ll see a lighter-blue rectangle. On the left-hand side of that rectangle, you’ll see the words “Filter By:” followed by the word “Sport.” When you click “Sport,” it will bring up a menu of every Winter Olympic sport. Choose the sport you’d like to watch and proceed to Step 4.

4. Scroll down and click the box that says “See Full [INSERT SPORT HERE] Schedule.” Let’s say that, in Step 3, you chose biathlon as the sport you’d like to watch. Great choice! Now, you’ll see a list of today’s biathlon events. If there aren’t any biathlon events today, the list will say “No events scheduled.” Either way, scroll until you see a box reading “See Full Biathlon Schedule.” Click that box. Our journey is almost done.

5. Identify the event you want to watch and click the box that says “Full Replay.” You’ve reached the promised land! From this page, you’ll see a full schedule of every event in your chosen sport, organized by date and time. Navigate until you find the event you seek, and click the “Full Replay” box on the right-hand side of the page.

6. Feast your eyes on some hot Winter Olympics action! Or, you know, sort of half pay attention to the announcers while you’re reading an article in another tab. Up to you!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #41458
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

With my luck, it will all be crash & burn by the time I try it, but I'll see if I can do that tonight--if it's serious, the article, I mean, many thanks.

Hitch
Old 02-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #41459
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
With my luck, it will all be crash & burn by the time I try it, but I'll see if I can do that tonight--if it's serious, the article, I mean, many thanks.

Hitch
The article is serious. I streamed all of the events that I missed during the games with no issue.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #41460
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
The article is serious. I streamed all of the events that I missed during the games with no issue.
Oh, GREAT. That would be very nice, indeed. I managed to get cut off, for the last group of women's finalists for the Technical program, which was a real pisser.

Many thanks.

ETA: Wanted to say, THANKS again. I would have just chucked it, but indeed, I found the streaming and am happily watching the short programs. ;-)

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 02-28-2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Added extra thanks

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?