Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #41401
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hi shel! My kitties say 'Hey' to yours ... and they too migrate around the house following the sun puddles to sleep in ..
Hey Pooh! How are your kitties? We've added one since we last spoke - her name is Lily and she is a seal point Siamese. She thinks she is Queen Diva of the Universe.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #41402
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Hey Pooh! How are your kitties? We've added one since we last spoke - her name is Lily and she is a seal point Siamese. She thinks she is Queen Diva of the Universe.
Sammie, Goldie, and Stella are all well ... becoming senior cats now

Of course, any Siamese is Queen of any Universe ... it's in their DNA
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #41403
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looking at TVs.

Mine is about seven or eight years old, it still works okay and with a Chromecast I made it a smart TV. But the headphone jack is getting bad, and that's one of the most important parts for me. Because with films you don't have to constantly adjust the volume because the balance between music, effects and spoken word if off (more and more TV series also suffer from this) and that isn't a problem when wearing headphones. I've also noticed that I don't get as easily distracted when wearing headphones.

I like the 32" I have now, a lot of the TVs available in that size don't have a headphone jack. I've had two contenders, which had similar specs, but a price difference of €100. The more expensive one had a light sensor, which sounds like a nice feature. However, after reading the reviews I read that the audio quality of the more expensive one isn't very good, whilst the cheaper one got rave reviews. I'm going to have a good look on Sunday, and read the manuals, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the cheaper one (even if it's a Philips).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:48 AM   #41404
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Having my plotter cut out all the pieces to make an (paper) ice skate. Today we change the winter themed shop window to a winter olympics themed shop window. Last week I already cut out winter sport silhouettes from white window cling.

I've also found a couple of other project kits I want to make.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:44 AM   #41405
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Having my plotter cut out all the pieces to make an (paper) ice skate. Today we change the winter themed shop window to a winter olympics themed shop window.
Can your plotter cut out a paper hypodermic syringe to represent the Russian athletes?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #41406
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Gathering yet MORE receipts for the "lucky winner, you've been chosen!" random audit I'm undergoing for my '15 taxes. Oh, joy.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #41407
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm not a sports fan, so I'm not planning on watching TV. My wife and son are engaged in a cooking project, so I'm spending the evening ripping and cleaning up the audio from a couple of LPs. They're in good shape to begin with, so not too hard to get good sound.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:20 PM   #41408
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

...wondering what is going on, in a prospective client's mind, that the Word file s/he would send me to use in order to create a quote would actually be watermarked. A watermark created...using WORD.

Seriously?

Hitch
Old 02-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #41409
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I don't know who it was, but a while back someone recommended a charging station for multiple devices. Last week I ordered this one for the German Amazon and today it arrived. I also ordered a bunch of short USB cables. And it works like a charm.

I just have to see if the light of the power switch isn't too bright (my bug bear) and I have to see if the indication light of my phone switches off in night mode.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #41410
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I don't know who it was, but a while back someone recommended a charging station for multiple devices. Last week I ordered this one for the German Amazon and today it arrived. I also ordered a bunch of short USB cables. And it works like a charm.

I just have to see if the light of the power switch isn't too bright (my bug bear) and I have to see if the indication light of my phone switches off in night mode.
Oooh, hey, I think that was me??!! Even if not, I'm delighted for you.

Hitch
Old 02-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #41411
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
You can always cover the light .....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:09 PM   #41412
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You can always cover the light .....
Both lights aren't too bright to bother me at night. So no need to find my black tape.

Tonight's plans: take the trash out, make a big mug of hot chocolate and curl up with my Kindle.

My father offered to advance me some of my salary, so I have ordered a new TV, which will arrive tomorrow. He has an ulterior motive: we have a small TV in the store and he likes the idea of having a bigger one for the Olympics. I don't mind, it means I get my new TV early and I don't have to figure out how to get rid of the old one.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #41413
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

I'm sitting here, comparing various Word files. Why? Because a client is insisting that we converted the 'wrong' manuscript. We didn't; for a variety of reasons, I was particularly pristine and OCD about ensuring that I loaded her latest and greatest manuscript to the PM system.

But...what I suspect happened is she decided to make her own POD file, and whilst doing, she saw things that she wanted to "fix." She didn't bother to keep a list; she probably thought that it would "only be a thing or two," and that she could fix them when she got the eBooks. But she made 457 changes (according to my Document compare). I don't mind when a client has a brain-fart, but this latest round of emails repeatedly states that WE "converted the wrong file." Uh, nope, we didn't. I downloaded the final file she sent me on 1/14/18, and the new "right" file she sent me yesterday, and completely ignoring our end, compared them. 457 changes later....

She is a nice lady, and today she said, (before I did the compares, mind you) that she "wasn't angry" and she just wanted "it to be done right," and she "didn't mind" paying a bit more. Well, with 457 changes, we can't possibly revise the ePUB/MOBI, for less than we can remake them...but I have no intention of eating those fees, or even any portion of them. It wasn't our error. I don't mind admitting when we screw up. We're human, it happens.

But cop to making the "wrong" file, and then compromise on who pays what? Perhaps I'd do this for one of our big clients, to keep peace and all that. But not this. She shows up once every few years, with a single book. Even were I so inclined, January was tortoise-slow, and I haven't the funds to support her books. Just don't.

(sigh) Not to mention, wasted nearly two hours on it.

Hitch
Old 02-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #41414
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Counting down to kaukau.

Last edited by wodin; 02-07-2018 at 03:57 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:23 PM   #41415
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Counting down to kaukau.
Counting down to dinner, I take it? Or, rather, breakfast? Or lunch...(looks at clock...)

Hitch

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?