Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
jastevenson
jastevenson began at the beginning.

Device: Several
Talking Nook color: who bought one?

Just got the email and ordered (link, if interested)! Am super excited.

Who else bought one?

Last edited by jastevenson; 10-31-2010 at 03:32 PM.
jastevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Well I'm heading down to my local BN this weekend to check out the new Nook Cafe's they've been constructing, hopefully they'll have some demo models.

I was looking hard at the Samsung Galaxy Tab but this is a $150 cheaper and I like what i see soo far. This would be great for reading magazines and newspapers etc.

If the webbrowser is solid Christmas may come early for me.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
SeaReader
SeaReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, NookColor, NookClassic, iPad, Droid2
Placed my preorder for the NookColor about midway through the the 30 minute announcement event. Already received the email confirmation of the intended shipping date of 11-19. Hope they stay on schedule.
SeaReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaReader View Post
Placed my preorder for the NookColor about midway through the the 30 minute announcement event. Already received the email confirmation of the intended shipping date of 11-19. Hope they stay on schedule.
I like the name change of your devices, "nook classic" nice
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jastevenson View Post
Just got the email and ordered (link)! Am super excited.

Who else bought one?

First post, link via doubleclick. Why dont you be honest and say I dont care about feedback, I just care if you click on my link so i get cash if you buy via my link.
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I'm almost ready to pre-order. I would like to try one first though. Any info on when the demo units will be out?

Right now I'm torn between the nook color and the Archos 101. If I knew that the nook color would have some decent free apps like ACV, Sportstap, ESPN, etc. it would win hands down. I don't need a ton of apps, but a few quality ones would be nice.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, my wife just preordered one for me for Christmas

I'll post my review from it on December 25th lol!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Ok, my wife just preordered one for me for Christmas

I'll post my review from it on December 25th lol!
Don't you get to open up one gift early; like on Thanksgiving Day?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
My heart overpowers my brain. I caved and preordered one. I hate being the Beta tester for B&N but I hate it even more of not having a shiny toy before Christmas.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
Noah98
Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
My heart overpowers my brain. I caved and preordered one. I hate being the Beta tester for B&N but I hate it even more of not having a shiny toy before Christmas.
Ha, ha, I'm right there with you!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I caved yesterday. I like the iPad for a lot of things but I think the NOOK color will be easier to hold and it supports library books without mucking around.

I also grabbed 2 cases the Industriell easel, which was my favorite with NOOK 3G. And a envelope/slip case for protecting it in my purse.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I caved yesterday. I like the iPad for a lot of things but I think the NOOK color will be easier to hold and it supports library books without mucking around.

I also grabbed 2 cases the Industriell easel, which was my favorite with NOOK 3G. And a envelope/slip case for protecting it in my purse.
Yah. The iPad is too big for my purse. I've been holding out for a reasonable priced high quality tablet for a while. I know I'm supposed to wait for the review but I just can't resist the temptation. I like the Industriell easel cover too. You said you ordered an envelope/slip case from ebay. Can you post the link? I might also want to get one before the cover comes in. Thanks
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Everyone's talking about purses. I feel left out. Maybe I should get a man purse.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #14
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
Yah. The iPad is too big for my purse. I've been holding out for a reasonable priced high quality tablet for a while. I know I'm supposed to wait for the review but I just can't resist the temptation. I like the Industriell easel cover too. You said you ordered an envelope/slip case from ebay. Can you post the link? I might also want to get one before the cover comes in. Thanks
The ebay zip cover is this one:
Ebay EVA zip case

The envelope style case for my purse I pre-ordered from Barnes & Noble in Peony. Hope the leather is as nice at looks online, and i'd be thrilled if the Nook easel case fits right in it, but okay if it doesn't. Unfortunately, it doesn't ship until Dec 10
http://productsearch.barnesandnoble....RD=dalton+nook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Everyone's talking about purses. I feel left out. Maybe I should get a man purse.

I've heard good things about this one:
http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post

I've heard good things about this one:
http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm

I think I'll stick with my pack. I use a hydration pack (w/ water bag removed) to carry my netbook in when I travel.