Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2024, 10:37 PM   #1
EarthlingSil
EarthlingSil began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Exclamation Can't Import Calibre Library Files

So I'm getting this error every time I import my Calibre books I had backed up the previous night on an old computer.

https://i.imgur.com/Bgixkit.png

I'm truly baffled and have no idea what to do. My old PC has already been wiped and taken apart and I'm on my new PC.

Here's what the files I'm trying to import look like.

https://i.imgur.com/EoyKkDH.png

Did something go wrong? Those are the files Calibre gave me when I exported my library. I have over 1k books and I'll be devastated if I can't get them back.
EarthlingSil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:46 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just wondering why part 3 and part 5 have a jpg extension?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:51 PM   #3
EarthlingSil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just wondering why part 3 and part 5 have a jpg extension?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
I'd love to know as well, but thats what Calibre kept giving me when I exported my entire library. I've exported multiple times the past couple of weeks and kept getting that.

I'm real worried something went wrong, I just don't know what.

Edit: I have some of my library backed-up as actual epub files, but a good chunk of it isn't because I thought that's what choosing the Export was supposed to do.

Last edited by EarthlingSil; 02-27-2024 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will never give you files with a jpeg extension when exporting. If you still have the original library folder you can simply zip it up and restore it, as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:58 PM   #5
EarthlingSil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre will never give you files with a jpeg extension when exporting. If you still have the original library folder you can simply zip it up and restore it, as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
Alas, I do not, as it's on my old PC that has already been wiped and taken apart.

I was afraid something that can't be fixed went wrong. I'll just have to slowly rebuild my library I guess.

Tags
calibre, export, import, library