Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2020, 03:47 AM   #1
jmt31
jmt31 began at the beginning.

Device: PC
CSV conversion

Hello,
I am new in this forum and using Calibre tool on PC.

I saw the export function to CSV to create a catalog of books.

Is there a possibility or method to import same kind of CSV ? using another SQLite tool or else method ?

Reason: i am currently changing my tool to manage my library of books and I have a lot of book's entries (around 5000) with titles, authors, description, ISBN, etc... that i would like to import into Calibre to have a common tool to manage paper and electronics books.

thank you for help.
jacques
jmt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 04:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Import List Plugin is what you want for more extensive adds,

Calibre also has a simpler: Add from ISBN (on the Add Icon) which allows a list if ISBN's (I used a Keyboard Wedge Scanner, way back when).
(do in small batches 10-20. Resolve lookup fails before doing the next batch. You need to find the book that failed to add in the pile, thus small batches. There is also the ability to set a Tag when using this way. <In Paper Library> was mine but you could have a locater instead
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See the attached. It is the most advanced metadata update via CSV import tool currently available for Calibre.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=269911

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_20191023.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	178329  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@jmt1 = Don't start duplicate threads, it is against the rules that you agreed to abide by, see rule 3 in the Guidelines

You owe the previous responders an apology for wasting their time, I gave you both of their answers in the other thread in the Conversion sub-forum, which you've acknowledged positively.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
csv, import