Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
NoWorthWhile
Connoisseur
NoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
@HarryT, you are correct. But as someone else pointed it out, she puts me through 12 years of Medical school, so its the least I can do for her
NoWorthWhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWorthWhile View Post
I, myself, am considering getting her a DX (I have a kindle 3) for the bigger screen, so she can use bigger fonts.
so I tell my mom, ...I'm all excited....
"You can read this device without your reading glasses." I tell here to take off her glasses and proceed to increase the font's to the mid selection.

She says. "I still can see them."

So I continue to increase the the fonts. She says "I still can't see them"

I proceed to select the largest fonts at which she says "I can see them but the font is slightly blurry"

I look at the screen and there is only 3 words. So I tell her "See you can read w/o your glasses but you might get Carpal Tunnel by the end of the book."

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Oh, I envy you all! You don't know how lucky you are to be able to make such presents. I've been asking my parents for two years now, every birthday, every Christmas, and in the meantime, too, but they - although being avid readers and my mother an avid traveller - always answer, no, thank you, we don't want it.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #19
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
She would have been ok with a nice pair of earrings though. I did get her comfy, warm socks but those were for use in the Chemo room

If money was tight and we couldn't do it, then I would give her something else. But I am blessed enough that that is not the case and I can afford to give her this gift.

My parents paid for four years of college at a private University. I make enough money that a Kindle DXG is a nice gift that in no way shape or forms shows my Mother how much I appreciate the sacrifices she made for me.
This post literally made me cry for both the beauty and the sadness. Who would've thought a person could be moved to tears on an ereader forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
does not speak English at all (although she can establish a conversation with my wife, don't ask me how, hahaha)
Women don't need words. We exchange thoughts with other women passing in the mall with just a glance. We can have entire mental conversations with women we have never met. Language is no barrier for women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
So I tell her "See you can read w/o your glasses but you might get Carpal Tunnel by the end of the book."
She can have the Kindle turn the pages for her by turning on text to speech and then turning the volume all the way down. There are even three speed settings.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote